New Tablet owner with problems

ndnguy

Jun 28, 2012
Hey everyone I just bought a tablet for my grandsons birthday,runs android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS and having all kinds of trouble getting it to download any apps, Google play seems to be useless so am up and about trying to find any help I can for my grandson about getting any decent apps for this OS and Tablet thank you...ndnguy (worried Grandpa):confused:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi ndnguy (I see what you did there ;)), sorry to hear about the issues. Can you be more specific about the Google Play Store issue? Does it give you any sort of error message?

Make sure you have a gmail address (gmail is your Google user account) and you have entered it into Settings>Accounts & sync.

Try going into Settings>Apps> and find Google Play Store then select Force stop, Clear data and Clear cache and then reboot. This usually helps fix Play Store issues.

JP

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
if you know what model of tablet you have it may be that you will find a link to a software (firmware) upgrade on one of the forums. these can be tricky to perform though as i have found with my sanei n90. i have been unable to update it yet although i have tried severl times following so-called idiot proof instructions. either my software is faulty or the update is. i am not too concerned as i am hearing tales of people having touch screen issues etc. so i am happy to wait. but in your case there may be no waiting. you could also try loading a different appstore such as amazon or slideme i think its called. if these will not load then you may need to return the tablet to the seller. to be fair, many apps are still struggling to become available on ics4 but again you should be able to find something worth loading. good luck.

joeeee

Apr 13, 2012
This model unfortunately does not come with google play, you can download most, if not all the same apps from 1mobile.com

nuiann

Jul 14, 2012
can anyone help we just brought a vigo tablet and having problem getting into any program keep coming error but can get the wifi on it but wont let you into anything