New to MID tablet with Android

psygnosis

Dec 17, 2010
Hi guys....
I've bought today a tablet 7 inches for my father for christmas...he just want to go to web and check mail just this, so I tough this china tablet would be great.
I've bought a MID i don't know what model I've bought it used.
on the box is just written MID
with Android 1.6 and a desktop interface that reminds apple's one...
Can I change firmware and insert a more staple android with the native grapics?how can I now the model?
thanks a lot...

Last edited:

psygnosis

Dec 17, 2010
here is pics:

Then in about section i have:

Memory size: 256mb
Model Number: generic
Firmware version: 1.6
Kernel: 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
Build version: WMT2.0_105 (this one is the same that appear on boot when droid animation appears)

I hope you can help me, this our gift for my father by my familty and I care that he have at least a good android system, to navigate and look mail, but that 1.6 with apple's graphics is horrible....

Can you advice me a stable ROM for this device?
(I need possibly no apple icon, market, youtube, and navigate etc etc)
Where I can find the original rom if something happen during the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

psygnosis

Dec 17, 2010
no one can help me to find a stable rom?
I'm afraid to brick because of that WMT2.0_105, I have to take only rom compatible with this build? or I can take also rom WMT2.1_xxx I didn't understand...
Anyway please...advice me a good rom...
Thanks in advance

axelf_69

Dec 27, 2010
Hya psygnosis

got the same with xmas
did you have any remarks for this thread?

grtngs from holland

allenaxon

Dec 21, 2010
Hi guys....
I've bought today a tablet 7 inches for my father for christmas...he just want to go to web and check mail just this, so I tough this china tablet would be great........

you brought this for your father, right? did he have problem with the interface?
is it too cluttered with icons? just get rid of it and left the one he uses, Browser, email client etc.
the tablet you have is a basic entry level model and it doesn't take much to make it a brick.
unless you enjoy fooling around with gadgets, you may just leave well enough alone.

mjtcolo

Jan 1, 2011
I bought one of these for myself and it arrived a few days ago. I was wondering how you can change the text size on the desktop? It also does not seem to work with Skype. Does anyone have experience with the MID product from China?

prismblue

Jan 1, 2011
hi same here
ePad 7" Touch MID android

can you guys help me
if there is a possibility to upgrade or do something??
im not very good in doing this thanks!!

radicaluk

Dec 31, 2011
hi same here
ePad 7" Touch MID android

can you guys help me
if there is a possibility to upgrade or do something??
im not very good in doing this thanks!!

I have had nothing but problems with my mid 7 inch tablet , not downloading from marketplace , being extremely slow and generally annoying .. BUT there is an android upgrade that I have found and installed from the sd card and hey presto , all working fine , if you pm me I will give you all the relevant instructions..
hope this helps..

deggers

Jan 7, 2012
I purchased two Mid tablets of the internet, however when I came to download apps from the android market it will not let me, it keeps saying unsuccessful. I am able to download from App market however the selection of Apps compared to android market is not as good. Please please can someone help me???
Regards
Deggs

abdulhameedom

Feb 13, 2012
i have the same kind of MID tablet with android 2.2 with kernal 2.6.32

But its not able to start.. any idea how to reset or start with force..
Kindly advice me

Regards
hamid

skui1z

Apr 1, 2012
I have had nothing but problems with my mid 7 inch tablet , not downloading from marketplace , being extremely slow and generally annoying .. BUT there is an android upgrade that I have found and installed from the sd card and hey presto , all working fine , if you pm me I will give you all the relevant instructions..
hope this helps..

Please pm me the instructions, thanks a bunch

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Firstly, are your tablets wm8650 or via8650? (Check settings details) if so, try downloading uberoid rom. This is a non-stock rom that will improve your tabs no end. You'll find links on the more android devices/wondermedia based section of this forum. Follow instructions carefully(especially if you're not sure which model you have). You have to try to find the model number of your device. If you can't, you have to just keep trying different numbers in the changer.bat files until one works. This took me some time but I persevered and was rewarded with a much better tablet. If it seems your tablet has frozen just put sd card back in pc and try again..it WILL work in the end if you do it right.!

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet