NEW to tablet world and got the Coby Mid 7127 BUT.....

humarock

May 21, 2012
Howdy all! Just got into the 21st century, bought a coby mid7127 after weeks of research and got it for (wait for it) 89.99! It was on sale at Bestbuy last week and I thought, UNDER 100, whats to lose?

I'm not disappointed at ALL! BUt have one issue, maybe someone knows why....

I use to power it off and it would give me the option to go into airplane mode or power off, now all of a sudden it doesn't allow me the selection, just to power off, not that it is a big deal, but wondering what changed it? Been through ALL options and can't find it....

And just one question:

1.) do you use an antivirus like I use Norton on my laptop, WHAT is the BEST one to use, that is free naturally lol.....

Thanks for this forum, it has helped me get the android market up and running, but LOVE Amazon apps much more! LOL....
Have the Kindle, Nook and the stock library in it and have to say, I'm a bit embarrassed as my hubby is a printer, but LOVE the ability to take this and read so easily....not missing my old books LOL....will be AWESOME on the beach and in the boat.....

Any tips, tricks for a NON tech person would be highly appreciated...LOL...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 4, 2010
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

Not sure on the power off / airplane mode issue...but as for the antivirus, it is not necessary but it comes downs to personal preference...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Howdy Humarock, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. Any time you need help specific to your tablet, the Coby Generation 2 forum would be the place to go. Just click that link and you'll be there. There are a lot of friendly, knowledgeable people in that section and I'm sure they'll help you as much as they can.

There are several free anti-malware apps available on the markets if you feel you need one. I'm using Lookout on mine with no apparent performance issues.

https://market.android.com/details?...result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5sb29rb3V0Il0.
Amazon.com: Lookout Mobile Security: Appstore for Android

Another popular one is AVG Antivirus Free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5hbnRpdmlydXMiXQ..
Amazon.com: Antivirus: Appstore for Android

Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

J

jimbo7630

I. too, have Lookout, seems to be on guard all the time and checks all downloads.