New to this need a little help!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I will try to break it to you as gently as possible. You bought a bottom of the rung Tablet. It has a processor and design which is like a Vespa compared to the Porsche powered Galaxy Tablet. You will not find a Firmware for this tablet which is 2.2. You will likely find, with research, a compatible Donut FW which may have more features. But you should learn to live with what you have.

If you review the forum, this is not the first or last time this very same question which has been asked

Wipeoutking

Nov 28, 2010
From what i have read i can get the mhz up to like 576 by changing the FW but the problem is i have no idea how to find the correct firmware that is compatible?
Also this may be a dumb question but whats a donut firmware?

vici0us

Nov 20, 2010
you cannot push it to 576mhz since i think you have a flytouch, with root and setcpu you can push it to 400mhz.

Android 1.5 = Cupcake
Android 1.6 = Donut
Android 2.0/2.1 = Eclair
Android 2.2 = Froyo

You cannot upgrade Android 1.6 to Android 2.0 or even 2.2 coz thats not supported.

Post your Build number and ram so we can point to your where you can download a rom suitable for your tablet.

Wipeoutking

Nov 28, 2010
you cannot push it to 576mhz since i think you have a flytouch, with root and setcpu you can push it to 400mhz.

Android 1.5 = Cupcake
Android 1.6 = Donut
Android 2.0/2.1 = Eclair
Android 2.2 = Froyo

You cannot upgrade Android 1.6 to Android 2.0 or even 2.2 coz thats not supported.

Post your Build number and ram so we can point to your where you can download a rom suitable for your tablet.

Alright thanks for the info it helps a lot!

This is all the info i have on it:
Operating System Google Android OS 1.6 Processor VIA WM8505 ARM926 Memory 256MB DDR2 Capacity 2GB NAND FLASH, support SDHC TF card up to 16GB Display 7" high-brightness TFT LCD wide screen touch display (800*480 pixel resolution) Touch Control Full size touch operation, sliding menu, functional icon dragging Orientation Sensors With accelerometer, automatic steering display screen Network 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network connection
RJ45, 10/100Mbps network connection Camera 1.3 Mega pixel camera Microphone Built-in Speaker 2 speakers Slots 1 * Micro SD/TF card slot (support up to 16GB) 1 * 30 pin interface (with adapter can be 2*USB HUB and RJ45 network interface) 1 * 3.5mm Stereo Audio out Software Google Chome-lite Browser OS Language Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously Battery Built-in 1800mAh rechargeable battery Power Adapter 180-240V (US plug) Accessories AC power adapter, USB splitter, user manual

Last edited:

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Donut is the Android versions. As of the end of Nov 2010, there are only four Android versions released at this time.
Cupcake-1.5
Donut-1.6
EClair-2.0 Release 1 (Usually called 2.1)
Froyo-2.2
Future unreleased versions are 2.3/3.0=Gingerbread and 3.0/3.01=Honeycomb

What you are describing can be done once you have truly determined which VIA 8505 unit you have. Search on TipStir's posts and his posts provide a great help for low powered/low cost tablets. He also has his own web page too. Just move over to the VIA forum and search for Tipstir. You will find what you are looking for in regards to FW.

vici0us

Nov 20, 2010
Alright thanks for the info it helps a lot!

This is all the info i have on it:
Operating System Google Android OS 1.6 Processor VIA WM8505 ARM926 Memory 256MB DDR2 Capacity 2GB NAND FLASH, support SDHC TF card up to 16GB Display 7" high-brightness TFT LCD wide screen touch display (800*480 pixel resolution) Touch Control Full size touch operation, sliding menu, functional icon dragging Orientation Sensors With accelerometer, automatic steering display screen Network 802.11b/g Wi-Fi network connection
RJ45, 10/100Mbps network connection Camera 1.3 Mega pixel camera Microphone Built-in Speaker 2 speakers Slots 1 * Micro SD/TF card slot (support up to 16GB) 1 * 30 pin interface (with adapter can be 2*USB HUB and RJ45 network interface) 1 * 3.5mm Stereo Audio out Software Google Chome-lite Browser OS Language Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously Battery Built-in 1800mAh rechargeable battery Power Adapter 180-240V (US plug) Accessories AC power adapter, USB splitter, user manual

go to setting of your tablet then about device, there you can see the build number.

Wipeoutking

Nov 28, 2010
I know for sure it is a gome flytouch just where could i find out what firmware it is cause its being shipped now?

dimasjoss

Nov 20, 2010
guess you just have to wait until it arrives. u can see the fw and build number when you boot it up..

btw... take note of whether it vibrates when you turn it on... it is quite important

vici0us

Nov 20, 2010
Lol it never occurred to me that its still being shipped. Once you get a hold of your tablet you can look for the build number.

Wipeoutking

Nov 28, 2010
Ok once i find the firm ware how do i pick out the right upgrade? and what does the vibrating mean?
Thanks for the responses it helps a lot!

dimasjoss

Nov 20, 2010
after you find out what build number it is... (on the bottom right hand side of the screen) post it here and ppl here will try to help you