New USB drivers.. NOT showing SD/TF card???

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I did the update to the new rom and installed the usb drivers... YAY for usb charging and debugging... Yet all I can gain access to is the NAND sector when i try to mount the card from "notifications"... but it doesn't show the card as accessable via my pc (says "insert a disk in drive(X)) ...I know it's not the card... i can acess the card and the NAND folder each via ASTRO or AND EXPLORER. The files i'm trynig to move from my pc are going to the NAND folder. I can move the files around via one of the file managment apps but that's a pain. I can remove the card, put it in my USB card reader, but again... a pain...

Anyone else experiencing the same issues.. or does anyone know of a fix?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Yeppers... mounting the sd card from the notification bar... shows 3 diff drives letters in association with the telchips device.. but only has one acctually mounted and accessable via the pc... the other 2 say to insert a disk... and like i said.. i know my card is working cause i can access it via a file manager on the gentouch and i can remove it and access it via a card reader...

I have a Moto droid.. done this a million times... just not sure what up on this thing....

did some prowling around and found the files i transfered on my gentouch in the main device directory under the folder NAND...

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes I've seen that under XP Pro SP3 the same thing. I didn't try to access those drive prior to the ROM update though.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Try recharging your battery to full and see if this problem still occurs..

Is your power plugged in when you try to mount?

Also try another USB cable. I don't necessarily trust the one that shipped with the Gentouch.

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Yes 0n all accounts... power cord with batttery charged and with another cable.. the one that came with my Sony PSP....

just wanted to confirn that it wasn't just me..... i'll call it in to tech support tomorrow...

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
Yes 0n all accounts... power cord with batttery charged and with another cable.. the one that came with my Sony PSP....

just wanted to confirn that it wasn't just me..... i'll call it in to tech support tomorrow...

I may have the same issue, but mine is more worth, my GT doesnot recognizes the sd card, and whenever I put the card I feel it is loose even after I hear the click that the card should be locked, it becomes loose

So for me the SD card never seen by the GT, I'm not sure if the sd slot is defective or what