New user intro and first query.

Nett

Jul 19, 2013
Hi fellow Android fans,
I am a very new to forums. Hope I can contribute to some conversations. I am a 61yr old retired nurse, midwife and a Grandma of 9 beautiful children.
I use a laptop with O/S Windows 7 and a mobile phone O/S Android. I have just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (android 4.1.2). I am sorting through the apps and all the other qualities of this tablet. I even managed to take my contacts from Windows Live Mail and import to Contacts on the tablet! Wow, I just love it!! I will no doubt have lots of questions for the experts out there!!
I would like to ask my first question.....I read in a magazine that you need to have Android 4.2 to be able to add another user to the tablet. If this is so, is it possible to update the existing 4.1.2 to 4.2?? Hope someone can help. Keep the terminology simple, for an older lady!!
Thank you, Nett :confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Nett, congratulations on your new Galaxy Note 8 and welcome to the forum. Sound's as though you're making very good progress with that tablet and I'm glad to hear you "just love it!!" It's nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Continue to "love" that tablet and enjoy the forum!:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Tablet, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.