Can I add a user to Note 8?

Nett

Jul 19, 2013
Hi to all the experts,
I asked the question in my introduction to the forum, as yet no replies. Maybe it was overlooked in my long waffle! Is it possible to add a user to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
I read in a magazine that you need to have Android 4.2 to be able to add another user to the tablet. If this is so, is it possible to update the existing 4.1.2 to 4.2?? I'm used to using a laptop O/S Windows 7 and updates come easy. I am on a steep learning curve and enjoying it immensely. Hope someone can help. Keep the terminology simple, for an older lady!!
Thank you, Nett
:)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Ok let's see, Samsung has previously stated I believe that the Note 10.1 and 8 would eventually be taken to 5.0. Unfortunately it is hard to say where they will stop along the way. Under settings, About Device (could be About Tablet) choose Software Update to check. Otherwise your device will notify you when an update is available.

Nett

Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for that info Tom T. I have the 'auto update' box checked and also manually checked for updates. So, I guess we will need to wait and see how far Samsung take us! I really would like to add my husband as a user. Poor man would love to enjoy this device as well!!