New User Needs Advice

shaznan

Dec 16, 2012
just a couple of questions when i have been on the internet on my browser how do i close it ? i have just been hitting my home button but i feel that i am missing something and that i should be doing something else. Also when i switch it off do you just hit the switch off button on the side as my battery seems to loose its charge alot when not in use so i am not sure if i am doing that right either mine is an an android 4 9 inch ice sandwich n900 and i have only had it for 3 days so please bare with me as i am only a learner.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You could hit "home" and that would not be a big problem, or you could hit the back button. Most of the browsers also have a menu (usually several horizontal bars either at the bottom or top right of the screen), that will provide an options to exit.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

If you are not going to use your tablet for a while, you can turn it off by long pressing the lock button for about 3 seconds and choose shut down.

Another optoin, toggle your WiFi off when not in use as this will save battery. Many users installed the AutoAirplaneMode by DON. It puts the tab in airplane mode when it is sleeping to save battery and works quite well.

shaznan

Dec 16, 2012
thanks for the help i will use those as mine came with so limited instuctions it might as well not of bothered so it is trial and error, but i am enjoying the tablet. I am sure i will be back to ask for more advice as i play more.
shaz