Newb mistake (uninstalled the wrong app i think)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
So in my attempt to get everything squared away before i setup my backup... i must have deleted the wrong app, because now i can't get any apps off the market...it says starting to download but does nothing. Any suggestions. I think it may have been google talk but when i tried to sideload it, it wont install...even through adb

Sent using the power of suggestion

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Let me just say that (in my own mind) I am a god among men! :D

Anyone remember the old Windows trick of renaming the windows file and doing a install over the top kept your same settings but fixed whatever issue you were having with Windows...well apparently it works for Nook Color's too!

Okay, I didn't rename any files, but the thought occurred to me that perhaps if I loaded up the autonooter image and let the NC boot from that, that it would fix whatever it was that I had screwed up, or replace any files it deemed necessary.

Well guess what got put back on my NC...Google Talk! As soon as my wifi turned on after the boot up, the four apps I had tried to download all came piling in one after the other.

Lesson learned...don't delete Google Talk.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You may have been better off keeping your 1.1 rom since us tweakers will be blowing away our NC's quite often. :)

...But yes, thanks. Mental note: delete google apps = bad

Last edited:

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You may have been better off keeping your 1.1 rom since us tweakers will be blowing away our NC's quite often. :)

You are probably right...but you have to admit that my logic path was sound

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Oh, I'm so late to this party. :( I was gonna say Rico knows what he's talking about...but...meh...

"...a god among men..." That was knee-slapping funny. :)

-Matt

Glad I could make a few laugh this evening.

I swear sometimes my mind does this to me, almost intentionally creating a problem, just so I can figure it out.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Just a follow up to the response linking to my thread with a similar issue.. the issues were not caused by the same thing. Mine was purely my ignorance and haste. :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You are probably right...but you have to admit that my logic path was sound

Well your method is definitely one way to do things.

The updates so far only replace files in system folder of android and are for the most part are minor. I too am a fan of clean installed but I would have to say, with only two minor update and two auto-nooter scripts, we are far from a "cluttered" device.