newbie here need help editing vold.fstab coby mid7042

Mar 11, 2013
hello' im newbie here i need help because im running out of memory and im planning to buy 16gb extsd card' how can i edit vold.fstab? or what else should i edit too? thank you.. btw im using coby kyos mid7042

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I needed you to confirm because the 7048 cannot have its mount points switched like the 7042 can. Search the Generation 3 Technical subforum as there is a thread there which will explain how to do what you want to do.

Mar 11, 2013
I needed you to confirm because the 7048 cannot have its mount points switched like the 7042 can. Search the Generation 3 Technical subforum as there is a thread there which will explain how to do what you want to do.

sir i just want to ask some question :) this is what my vold.fstab looks like

## Vold 2.0 fstab for HTC Passion
#
## - San Mehat ([email protected])
##
#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#/devices/platform/awsmc.3/mmc_host for sdio
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2

do i just need to make it like this?

dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2

what else should i do? thank you :)