newbie need help with irobot rockchip tablet

kerryjo

Aug 9, 2010
ok, i have a couple concerns. i just got my tablet today, although it is sharp looking, i am having some issues with it.

1-no sound although speakers are turned on.
2-when i do a google search, i can type in english but all words are in chinese.
3-i was under the impression that you could charge batteries with the usb??? is it only the power cord. i got instructions with it, but they are vary vague.

please help!
progress.gif

vijaykhai

Jun 19, 2010
ok, i have a couple concerns. i just got my tablet today, although it is sharp looking, i am having some issues with it.

1-no sound although speakers are turned on.
2-when i do a google search, i can type in english but all words are in chinese.
3-i was under the impression that you could charge batteries with the usb??? is it only the power cord. i got instructions with it, but they are vary vague.

please help!
progress.gif

Hi Kerry,
I know how frustrating it can be! Hopefully somone better qualified like Xaeious, will jump to your aid soon. Meanwhile :
1. No idea.
2. Did you go into SETTINGS and try to change Language to English?
3. Positive you can NOT charge the unit via the USB - only the Charger.
Good luck!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
1) if you have one like mine, the speaker is really quiet.
2) on the bottom right hand corner of the keyboard, there's a button with Chinese characters. Press that button to switch languages. Or you can change the default keyboard by long pressing on any textfield.
3) It doesn't charge via USB

crocodile

Sep 22, 2010
I couldnt make a thread so I'm posting it here.

I receive my Apad iRobot today with the Rocketchip batch and everything works perfectly except the device doesn't charges when plugged in by AC adapter.
The battery status never moves and I had it on charger for like a hour or more. I turned it off, it kept saying connect your charger even though its already is.
Is there a certain way to charge it or overcome this problem. I really dont want to wait another 3 weeks for another or pay for another. I'm trying to get a refund as we speak.

And mines is the one with the blue LED when charged.

Other variants
Sample batch for batch 3:
blue LED and firmware 0630. Otherwise identical to batch 2. plastic casing.
iWeb on box?