Newbie on the Huawei S7

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
:eek: After looking at all the tablets and their capabilities this one seemed to suit my needs best. Looking for some help here to get the skype and google talk working with it. I was hoping to use it as a gps for travel - but something keeps causing the map to go to a blank grid. (guess I could use some help with that too) It is a handy ereader, calendar, weather monitor and alarm clock.

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Skype worked great over my wifi connection... No special setup or anything... The google talk too... google maps is/was nice but useless as i have only gotten it to run over my household connection, would be fantastic over a 3g connect but i just cant get my att sim to do *explitive*!! Hopefully your luck with the stickied posts is better than mine... Ps my s7 is rooted :-(

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

KKen

Jan 12, 2011
You mentioned skype worked. Was that with video too?
Thanks
Ken

Skype worked great over my wifi connection... No special setup or anything... The google talk too... google maps is/was nice but useless as i have only gotten it to run over my household connection, would be fantastic over a 3g connect but i just cant get my att sim to do *explitive*!! Hopefully your luck with the stickied posts is better than mine... Ps my s7 is rooted :-(

Sent from my Huawei Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

czstar

Jan 2, 2011
I am expecting skype and google talk to have the same function on the S7 as it does on my pc. I can text, email and voice and video chat in google talk on pc, but only text (chat) and email on my S7. I wonder if I have to change some settings or something? The main reason I wanted the front facing camera is video chat - I can't get skype or google talk to do that on the S7....