newbie question concerning storage space left on SD after dual boot

sjaakslinger

Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

I did the dual boot Honeycomb installation using the following files:
- gapps gb 20110307 signed.zip
- generic-sdcard-v1.3.img.gz
- update-cm-7.0.3-encore-signed.zip

I used a 16gb Sandisk micro SD. After the installation however, the SD shows on my computer only 120mb total, in the Nook, running as Android, about 15gb.

Is there a way of using the SD left over space when running in Nook NORMAL mode after inserting the SD when booted in Nook's normal mode?

Is there a way of having an option to choose Android or Nook when booting up with the SD card inserted, instead of actually having to take the card out/put it in?

Thanks!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I used a 16gb Sandisk micro SD. After the installation however, the SD shows on my computer only 120mb total, in the Nook, running as Android, about 15gb.

This is normal, the PC can only see the boot partition. To see the internal memory partition of the SD card (what the sd bootable ROM sees as internal memory) and the "SD card" partition of the card (what the SD bootable ROM sees as SD card space) you need to boot into the ROM on the SD card and then connect to you PC via USB cable. The PC will now shoe those areas as drives and you can add or remove files as normal.

Is there a way of using the SD left over space when running in Nook NORMAL mode after inserting the SD when booted in Nook's normal mode?

No, the only partition the internal ROM will see when the bootable SD is inserted into it is the boot partition which is small. You need to use another SD card to act as a data card for the internal ROM.

Is there a way of having an option to choose Android or Nook when booting up with the SD card inserted, instead of actually having to take the card out/put it in?

Yes, there are ways to do this.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Welcome to the forum! Please use the search feature and read the stickies at the top-they are chock full of useful info and answer all the questions you've asked and more. Enjoy your Nook!

sjaakslinger

Sep 14, 2011
@J5150P
Thanks for the answers! I guess I'll get a 4gb microsd and do the dual boot installation on that and use the 16gb one for data for the Nook. Haven't seen much advantage in running on Android, except for the apps maybe. Btw...do you know how to make a Nook/Android boot choosable??

@Sue7M2
Thanks. The stickies were a bit ofinfo overflow for me with more than 25 pages.;) Found out I was a bit too quick with my post, a search did turn up some info on this topic...