Newbie Tips for ZT280 C91?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
No,had nothing else connected,tried BT a few times,no luck.I tick the box but nothing happens.I'll try your version for a few days and see how it goes.

That pas ROM mentioned a known bug of "No mousepointer in hdmi mode for the c91 models" which I wouldn't want as I connect my tablet to my TV via hdmi and need the cursor(unfortunately as previously mentioned I cant scroll up or down pages.....do you know a fix for that???)

So,if I decide to go to ICS,is it as simple as I mentioned earlier? on post #25 EDIT
And you had the dongle plugged in before you power up the tablet (tablet was completely shut off)? It may just be the dongle you are using? Do you know if the dongle you are using is compatible with Android/Linux? Usually really cheap dongles work on these Chinese tablets...

The HDMI thing, he mentioned that because on the ZT-282 C91 Upgrade tablets, you can have both the tablets screen on and have the HDMI outputting, with the ZT-280s, once you enter HDMI mode, the display screen on the tablet turns off, and you have to use the touchscreen "blind"..... But if you insert a USB mouse, you should be able to see a cursor on the HDTV screen....

I don't recall you mentioning a problem with scrolling the screen, what is the problem there?

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Yeh,thats the one that I downloaded but couldn't open on my laptop......It seems to open it in Firefox....
7zip should be able to open it... Some people have found that the files get corrupted when you try to decompress the RAR with other programs, that's why I mentioned 7zip several times, it's the best program to use.....

toby2111

Jan 9, 2012
Yes,its an RC11 air mouse that I use with an MK808B mini PC TV box so it definitely works with Android.Tablet was completely shut down,then restarted with dongle inserted.

Yes,when I connect via HDMI,my tablet goes blank but screen appears on TV with a cursor that I can use blind as you say.However if I'm on a web page I cant scroll the page up or down as its just a floating cursor.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Yes,its an RC11 air mouse that I use with an MK808B mini PC TV box so it definitely works with Android.Tablet was completely shut down,then restarted with dongle inserted.

Yes,when I connect via HDMI,my tablet goes blank but screen appears on TV with a cursor that I can use blind as you say.However if I'm on a web page I cant scroll the page up or down as its just a floating cursor.
Is the RC11 air mouse a BT device or just USB?

I didn't have a HDTV when I was using my C91, I don't think I ever really tried it..... Let me go check it out and I'll report back...

toby2111

Jan 9, 2012
Its just a small USB dongle that I plugged into tablet but no luck.
I managed to extract that 0314 file however I'm unsure what to do next.Do I send the complete file to SD card.Because there a 2 folders inside,android firmware and touch firmware for 3a...and both these have a seperate zt-update folder inside......Sorry,but as I said I'm a newbie!!Thanks for your help so far.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Its just a small USB dongle that I plugged into tablet but no luck.
I managed to extract that 0314 file however I'm unsure what to do next.Do I send the complete file to SD card.Because there a 2 folders inside,android firmware and touch firmware for 3a...and both these have a seperate zt-update folder inside......Sorry,but as I said I'm a newbie!!Thanks for your help so far.
So which BT dongle are you putting in your tablet that won't let the Bluetooth in settings turn on?

Oye, yeah, the 0314 ROM.... You are only going to use the files in the android_firmware folder... Use the zt-update folder that's in there, but also copy the files and folder from the 2n folder into the zt-update folder....

toby2111

Jan 9, 2012
So which BT dongle are you putting in your tablet that won't let the Bluetooth in settings turn on?

Sorry,my mistake,I'm getting confused!!I thought that the air mouse may have worked on the tablet while hooked up to TV...for some reason I thought turning on BT might help but it wont!

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Sorry,my mistake,I'm getting confused!!I thought that the air mouse may have worked on the tablet while hooked up to TV...for some reason I thought turning on BT might help but it wont!
LOL... OK, so there is no BT problem then... :D

toby2111

Jan 9, 2012
OK,I gotta shoot off.Thanks for your help. If you manage to find a fix to allow me to scroll pages while hooked up to TV,I'd really appreciate it.

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
OK,I gotta shoot off.Thanks for your help. If you manage to find a fix to allow me to scroll pages while hooked up to TV,I'd really appreciate it.
Cool man, have a good night....

About the HDMI thing, looks like the Camera button is the select button, so you would need to hold the camera button while you want to scroll up or down.... I think a USB mouse would be easiest to use in HDMI mode... I use an old Targus Laptop Wireless Presenter - Targus Laptop Wireless Presenter | PAUM30U works plug and play....

toby2111

Jan 9, 2012
Were you able to scroll web pages on your TV now?
Yes,thanks for the tip with the camera button,works fine.
I emailed mcbub.com (thats were I got the tablet) and they said that there is no compatible wireless keyboard fro the ZT280,which is a pity.So,dont think that wireless presenter will work.

EDIT-Cant seem to get that ICS version that you gave on page 1 to boot up. I renamed the other files and drgged the 2n folder into the zt update folder but still boots up in GB

Last edited:

omarahum

Developer
Mar 4, 2013
Yes,thanks for the tip with the camera button,works fine.
I emailed mcbub.com (thats were I got the tablet) and they said that there is no compatible wireless keyboard fro the ZT280,which is a pity.So,dont think that wireless presenter will work.
Cool, glad I was able to help you out a little...

Well I do use my Targus Laptop Wireless Presenter with all my Zenithink tablets (ZT-180 Original 10" B0, ZT-180 v2 7" E3, ZT-180 v2 10" G0, ZT-280 C91 H1_2n, ZT-280 C71 E7_1n, ZT-283 C93 H6_1f, and the ZT-283 C97 I1_2a....) I'm not sure why your RC11 isn't working, I think it should....

You are using the full usb port on the C91, correct?

Last edited: