newbie with a small problem

mortus

Dec 28, 2010
first off let me say hello to you all, secondly i'd lie to wish you all a belated merry christmas and a happy new year.
now for something about me, i live in the UK middle aged male with wife and daughter.

the problem i mentioned in my thread title is i bought my daughter an " epad 10" wifi touch screen tablet " it looks a great little peice of kit but the problem i have had is the android system. it is running 2.1 and every time we go on some websites it asks about downloading flash but every time i click on the link it says i need to be running android 2.2.

so my question is this, how do i go about updateing the android system from 2.1 to 2.2 ??

any help would be greatfully accepted, thanks

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
In order to update you will need to flash, which will open a whole new can of worms. Search these forums and you will find directions on how to do this. In the meantime, download the Skyfire Browser either from the Market or from Skyfire - Mobile Browser for Android, iPhone, and iPad and you should be able to do what you need to do.

mortus

Dec 28, 2010
thanks for your reply, i downloaded skyfire as you said, it took me a while to find it after it downloaded as i sisn't know where to look. but i got there in the end.
i then went on the websites we had trouble with earlier on as they where asking to install flash. and the same problem was there. i will now look into the flash/upgrade option as the reason we ought the tablet was so my daughter could play on her game websites and use it around the house.

once again thanks, if you or anyone else could point me in the right direction for the instructions for the upgrade i would appreciate it