Next3 8.4" (8.6") by Nextbook USA (Tablet & Ereader) with RockChip RK2818

veejmar31

Jan 14, 2011
I have read lots of complaints about the Nextbook 3 but I have enjoyed mine so far. I would like Marketplace on it, but maybe that will come with a future update? My main issue is that the Borders app doesn't allow for purchasing newspapers on Android units just yet--only on the Borders Kobo reader. I've been able to install Nook for Android and it works great (though still no newspaper or magazine support) as an alternate book store to the Borders one. Overall I've been pleased with this item. I'm sure it will be outdated within a few months, but at the speed these are coming out, everything is outdated within a few months.

unisol0

Feb 8, 2011
OK Tipster CLEAN UP THIS PUPPY.
The price was right.
I like the size and the package looks fantastic I can take this puppy with me all the time if its Cleaned up, I just am amazed the amout of Borders junk that they stuffed in.
I will keep tis one if its De-Bloted and we Have GM on it as well as the nice Android E-book readers, will keep the Flytouch for my general Android playing.
Pluged in a 16 Gig card and it works showing 15+gigs I pulled of the 150 free e-books that where included with the Augen "The Book" and this puppy reads them.
I wonder if you can do some interesting things with that USB setup.

Radioman52

16 gigs huh. the spec say 8gigs and this site:
HSN E Fun Nextbook Next3 tablet review, specs, price | NEW BEST GADGETS says 32 gigs. i just ordered one and am waiting for delivery. is the spec sheet wrong? i hope so!

Feb 7, 2011
Hi, I just got my nextbook3...Looks great. I am having problems with the wifi connection. It remembers the router id and information, but tells me it cannot connect with a good signal or even an excellent signal. Then the wifi connection turns itself off. Any ideas?

shellco

Mar 10, 2011
Does anyone know if the battery can be replaced (by a non-techie old lady!) in the Nextbook 3?

shellco

Mar 10, 2011
An E-Fun customer service phone rep answered this question for me, and it's sure is not the answer I was hoping for: They said the battery is not user replaceable. They repeated the NB3 will take apprx. 300 charges, and if it dies before 1 year, they will replace the unit. I said, "so...after 300 charges, after 1 year, I basically will have a $200.00 paperweight". The response was a repeat of what she had just told me. Awesome.

I also got this email response:

Dear NextBook Customer,

If the battery malfunctions after the manufacture's warranty expires, the customer is unable to obtain the battery as a replacement part.

Thank You ,

Donaldj83

Mar 23, 2011

Donaldj83

Mar 23, 2011
hey its been a while sence ive been here but the nest3 has been rooted and market was added there are 2 other rebrands of the same next3 all of witch are intertchangable ive so far cracked 2 of the 3 roms and im working on the 3rd now you can find my work here [Q] NextBook Next3 - xda-developers

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
This is the kind of users that do a weak favor.
This tablet is really inexpensive, made in China for an USA company. Plays movies (lots of formats) without troubles.
Music sound really good as it's usual in Rockchip devices, User will get used to the touch of the screen as I've done.
Ok... it's not an iPad... but is enough good to give lots of pleasure.