No microphone, but USB Mic or Headset???

sifon187

Aug 22, 2010
I am assuming usb will be enabled soon, why would they include a mini usb to usb adapter?

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board (US) using Tapatalk

markosjal

Aug 30, 2010
No, it will not work (yet). There is no power from the on-board USB connector so it cannot host any device.

I plugged in two different usb headsets, nothing; two keyboards, nothing; two different usb optical mice, nothing; usb bluetooth dongle, nothing.

USB OTG hosting is simply not enabled yet. Here is hoping that will change soon!

Thanks for this wonderful follow up.

Unfortunately most of the rest of these replies were superfluous, or even useless.

I suspect there are a lot of kiddies here with nothing more than time on their hands to post answers that they have not confirmed.

Thanks again for this great reply however. I was unaware that the USB port was not a USB host port. That blows this model out of the consideration.

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
Yeah, from the above thread, apparently one guy(sorry forgot your nick) put the Smartsurfer fw on his and it apparently let him set hosting mode worked with a bunch of kbs & mice... be nice if it could work with a USB GPS unit(if one exists... must be one made somewhere... still...) ... so USB headphone/mic might work if there's a compatible driver...

so if Augen got that in their version of the fw officially and got 3D accel, I'd be pretty happy and let some other things slide... but that no full Mali driver stack is killing me...