Noob introduction. I am aintnorock.

aintnorock

Aug 23, 2013
Hi, I'm aintnorock. If you're interested on how I got that screen name and won't be offended if I give you a Christian explanation, pm me.

I am a complete noob when it comes to tablets, so bear with me.

I have Android O/S 4.1.1 on a generic, no brand name, made in China by slave children (I made that last part up, probably true) 8" tablet.

I also have a Vizio 8" running Honeycomb.

I'm a retired systems analyst, spending most of my career on a mainframe and PCs. I have some Mac I experience, but have forgotten most of it. I know basic BASIC, enough COBOL to be really dangerous, and excel at SQL type DB languages.

Started computing on mainframes and punch cards, then personally on a Sinclair ZX-80, Radio Shack CoCo (Color Computer), then a PC at work around 1980.Have had numerous PC's over the years. Currently have a Dell Desktop and HP Laptop along with the tablets. We do not have smart phones. I really don't need to be that connected. I bought the tablets for travelling rather than lugging around the laptop (we do a LOT of travelling), and I'm too cheap to pay data charges for a smartphone.

That's me for now. I think this forum will be very useful for me.

TTFN
Carl

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets, and nice to see you've posted all your questions in the right place.:eek:

Back