Noobie 1day android user - BROKEN

lauramagraham

Sep 9, 2010
Never been on this site before so I'm sorry if this has been answered. I received my android tablet today, and within 10 mins of using it it's bricked and shows a error message as soon as i unlock the thing from start up. the error message is :

the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectadly. Please try again

my only option is "Force Close" I click that, it shows a black screen with just the notifications bar at the top. then after a few seconds the same error message pops up again.

All I did when I turned the epad on was set up my wifi and sign into msn. Then the thing bricked. ANY help at all would be really appreciated. Thanks

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Hi Laura, Look at this thread message I posted yesterday. It summarizes the situation you are in. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...leshooting-annoying-forced-close-message.html
I would ask you to review Scenario #1 and the options. The question I would ask you to think about is one of the three I pose in the thread

A. What did I just Install?
B. What did I have open right before this happened?
C. What applications are always running on my tablet?

You may be able to resolve it by starting it in Safe mode. You will know you are in Safe Mode when there is a message that says safe mode in the lower corner. Read the thread. It is either a corrupt startup process or corrupt firmware.

Best of Luck, I will monitor this thread.

lauramagraham

Sep 9, 2010
Many thanks for your reply. I read your previous post and did or tried to do what option 1 suggested. however, on my tablet there is only one button, it's the power on button when the unit's off, and the menu button when it's on. If I press it to turn the unit on then hold it down, it switches off. If I power on my unit to the menu screen where it says the time and the screen is locked etc, then press and hold the menu button i get the power down options menu. If I continue to hold the button my device powers off automatically.

So again, I'm stuck. Anymore help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

new2city

Aug 31, 2010
from my limited experience, you need to factory reset. Do you mean that even when you have powered on and off the tablet, it still ends up with the same error? if this is true, might as well factory reset.

cueball1981

Sep 16, 2010
HI, i encounte the same problem i guess.. i suspect it small info application causing the problem on my tablet.. as i have place a widget of it and uninstall without removing the widget.. so when the set book up it keep loadin the widget.

That why i guess.. im stuck in this loop too.. im using a P7 and when i try to factory restore.. my flasher program kept stuck in probing device.. pls advice..

Aug 31, 2010
Hi,

the first thing we need to know is -- which tablet do you have.

Can you upload some photos.

Please show -- The front including the main button
the back
The charger plugged in and the colour of the charging light

Also please look on the charger and see how many volts it is -- it will either say 9v or 5v most likely

Once you have provided this info then I can point you to reflashing it an dgetting it working again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You have a P7. You need P7 firmware. I have extremely old firmware for that (0525), and that's probably not what you want. Contact your supplier.

HSG X5A uses a different touch panel. The Haipad might be closer.

cueball1981

Sep 16, 2010
Hi Xa,

I will open a new thread as i do not want to hijack outher user thread.. pls take a look at it later