Nook and Etextbooks

lumedi1913

Jan 14, 2011
tjbus: Were you able to read your textbooks on your nook by stripping the DRM as recommended by thel8elvis? And if so, was it transfered to a ePub file and were you to highlight and make notes? I am currently utilizing eTextbooks that are protected, but I would like to start reading them on the NookColor. I would like to know if you got your textbooks to open on your NC.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Any updates from anyone ? Just curious.

Well got back on this issue today and still having issues with removing the DRM with the tools I'm using. I only have one book to test so I'm somewhat at a disadvantage. Not sure if this book is a good representative most current Adobe protected texbooks. Reason I say this is b/c with the tools I'm using, most people have complete sucess with removing the DRM. Wish I have 5-10 or so to work with. Will keep you all posted on my progress.

ZRock

Jan 24, 2011
Has there been any progress on this? I have at least 1 e-textbook I'm trying to move to my NC. If you would like, I believe I have a 2nd download for it you could potentially use if you need another specimen!

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
Still working on it, I do have two more textbooks if you want to give those a try let me know. B&N does specifically say that their textbooks are not intended to be read on any sort of e reader and this is per an agreement with publishers. At this point the only hope is to get the drm stripped but apparently that is proving difficult as well. I hope with all the smart members on this board something can be figured out.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
Ok I am going to give it a try, wish me luck and I will update you later.

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
Is there a link to the Scripts program that could be provided, my google searching is not coming up with anything. Of course I am not sure what I am looking for either, lol,

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Is there a link to the Scripts program that could be provided, my google searching is not coming up with anything. Of course I am not sure what I am looking for either, lol,

Everything needed is included in the kit.
-/Adobe_pdf_tools/ineptkey_v5.3.pyw, left click to make adeptkey.der
-left click on ineptpdf_v7.7.pyw to open Inept PDF Decrypter
-adeptkey.der will be loaded
-input book
-output "new name"
-press decrypt

ZRock

Jan 24, 2011
If I'm able to use NooKStudy, can I assume I have the latest version of ADE downloaded?

ZRock

Jan 24, 2011
Sorry for the double post... I followed the guide, got the book converted over, however all of the images have henceforth vanished! Is this just a side effect of the conversion process?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Since I'm not an owner of any textbooks, I was never able to properly complete the process. Hopefully other can use the tools and shed more light on the outcome and their experience of removing the drm protection. I am glad to see the tools did work in some fashion. Back in my day we just had hard back text books. :)

ZRock

Jan 24, 2011
So when I ripped my textbook, I'm only getting half pages. As if they're meant to be read split screen, and so I'm only getting the left half... Any ideas?