Nook Color Registration

spud

Jan 20, 2011
Need some information/assistance.
I am a Canadian visiting the US and went to the local B &N store today to buy a Nook color. Clerk told me that I wouldn't be able to register it without a US address and a US credit card linked to that address.
I asked about sideloading and she said I could do that but wouldn't be able to buy bools from B&N (no big deal to me) but also said I would be able to get upgrades etc without it being registered.
Was she right?
Is there any way to register without the US credit card? I have a US adress and Canadian Visa...
I love the look and performance of the nook but donm't want a brick when I get back to Canada.
Thanks

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
She is half-right. You need a Barnes & Noble account to register the Nook. You can skip the CC during registration of the nook, but you will need one to buy books. And you can create a B&N acct with just an email.

spud

Jan 20, 2011
Great news - thanks. I already have a B&N account with my Canadian Visa showing on it - I guess I should remove it right ?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
If you have a gmail email address, use that when you register your device...it will make things easier down the road when you root it.

spud

Jan 20, 2011
Have a g-mail address and was planning on using it -thanks

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
She is half-right. You need a Barnes & Noble account to register the Nook. You can skip the CC during registration of the nook, but you will need one to buy books. And you can create a B&N acct with just an email.

+1
Well said :)