NOOKcolor Accessories

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I just bought a new charger at B&N 2 days ago. Now I got the same problem I had with they one before, too long to explain.Buttom line I need another one. Anybody knows where to get one that can charge my nook in 2hours like the original B&N but for less than $25.?
Gloria

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I think I've decided to use a sleeve and a skin instead of an always-on cover. I've seen a few posts here about the sleeves, but not much about skins. There are a million of them on Amazon (like those shown above), but I wondered how protective they were.

I'm thinking of making a sleeve out of some quilted fabric I have. I wouldn't think it'd be too hard.

I'm also thinking about a screen protector to guard against scratches and to cut down on the reflectivity a bit (for daylight reading). I've had one on my Droid and Droid X since day one, and I'm glad I did as both protectors show scratches. Any good SP suggestions?

this is the skin I just put on my NC

81gwM%2BpHKfL._AA1500_.jpg

Its really well made...the vinyl is thick enough to offer protection.

(The matching wallpaper doesn't work well though...it is sized incorrectly, and even after running it through photoshop it doesn't look right...oh well, didn't buy this skin for the wallpaper anyway.)

I also picked up the case I posted earlier...unzip it enough to slide the NC in and out, with a front zippered pocket to carry cable, thumb drive, etc.

jonesygirl

Feb 9, 2011
@darmeen Regarding the case you bought, do you think it would be large enough to comfortably fit the NC when its housed inside of one of the "book" covers from BN? Or is it so thin that it will it only fit a standalone NC? I like the outside pocket for the charger.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
this is the skin I just put on my NC

81gwM%2BpHKfL._AA1500_.jpg

Its really well made...the vinyl is thick enough to offer protection.

(The matching wallpaper doesn't work well though...it is sized incorrectly, and even after running it through photoshop it doesn't look right...oh well, didn't buy this skin for the wallpaper anyway.)

I also picked up the case I posted earlier...unzip it enough to slide the NC in and out, with a front zippered pocket to carry cable, thumb drive, etc.

Does a skin peel off easily if one wants to remove it?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm also thinking about a screen protector to guard against scratches and to cut down on the reflectivity a bit (for daylight reading). I've had one on my Droid and Droid X since day one, and I'm glad I did as both protectors show scratches. Any good SP suggestions?

B&N offers two screen protectors one regualr and one anti-glare. I ordered the regular along with my Nook and so far so good. Even though the glass on the Nook is pretty tough I like the extra protection offered by the SP.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
B&N offers two screen protectors one regualr and one anti-glare. I ordered the regular along with my Nook and so far so good. Even though the glass on the Nook is pretty tough I like the extra protection offered by the SP.

Does it get dirty as fast as the screen or it's better. ...easy to clean?

dangerousdee

Jan 19, 2011
I got the non glare and it's great. Feels a little different, but I noticed it doesn't seem to gather the finger prints as fast as the glass alone does. So that makes me happier.
Of course after I bought the NC I have taken to washing my hands more to get rid of excess oils from my fingertips or using alcohol wipes to do the same.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I got the non glare and it's great. Feels a little different, but I noticed it doesn't seem to gather the finger prints as fast as the glass alone does. So that makes me happier.
Of course after I bought the NC I have taken to washing my hands more to get rid of excess oils from my fingertips or using alcohol wipes to do the same.

Great... thank you!
Gloria

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Does it get dirty as fast as the screen or it's better. ...easy to clean?

I wouldn't say that is keeps the screen any cleaner but you don't have as much fear of wiping it with whatever you happend to have handy, napkins, paper towel, jeans... if you scratch it no big deal. It also comes with a second screen protector but short of cleaning with sand paper I am not sure I'll have a need for it.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
@darmeen Regarding the case you bought, do you think it would be large enough to comfortably fit the NC when its housed inside of one of the "book" covers from BN? Or is it so thin that it will it only fit a standalone NC? I like the outside pocket for the charger.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

It pretty much is just room enough for the NC itself, but casecrown (the manufacturer) makes all kinds of these cases...so I imagine you could find one for a reader/tablet that was just a bit bigger, then you could use it with your NC w/book cover...

Does a skin peel off easily if one wants to remove it?

Its seem to peel off nicely once you get it going, and doesn't leave an adhesive residue from what I could tell (can you tell I didn't just rip the whole thing off to test your theory...I did test a corner though) :)

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Its seem to peel off nicely once you get it going, and doesn't leave an adhesive residue from what I could tell (can you tell I didn't just rip the whole thing off to test your theory...I did test a corner though) :)

Nice to know. Thanks for testing :) I might get one, looks cool!

sent from my rooted nook color

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I wouldn't say that is keeps the screen any cleaner but you don't have as much fear of wiping it with whatever you happend to have handy, napkins, paper towel, jeans... if you scratch it no big deal. It also comes with a second screen protector but short of cleaning with sand paper I am not sure I'll have a need for it.

I guess that's good enough reason to buy it... .thank you

Jaynormus

Feb 21, 2011

The InvisiShield for the Huawei S7 Fits great with a small trim using scissors or a paper cutter, just put mine on today. it enhances the screen if you believe that :)