Office or Word app?

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
Want this to replace my netbook as well as use it as a tab. Need a good Microsoft Word substitute. Any suggestions? It would be nice if it could handle word docs, but I'm open to anything. Especially cheap or free- but whatever.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Quickoffice HD. Office plus pdf. Hands down

Sent from my GTablet-HC using Android Tablet Forum

CenturionFive

Dec 11, 2010
I am looking for one that supports OpenOffice Writer and Calc. Nothing yet. Maybe now that honeycomb actually supports tablets one will be developed. We use OpenOffice at work and converting everything to M$Office is not an option.

Cen5

May 16, 2011
Another Vote for quickOffice...
Im a Neo-Office user, openoffice for mac, and since i save everything in office type format, im all good...

beastman

May 8, 2011
Documents to go by Dataviz, free viewers, and paid version create/edit, and is currently on sale for $14.99. Updates are FREE. Just updated for Yvonne yesterday. I have used it since Palm days. Had to buy again for different OS.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Google docs is free and web based. Not as feature packed as some of the others but can get it done.

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
I've been using OliveOffice, and it's fine except that at the moment it's impossible to change font sizes, which makes all sorts of things difficult (for example: tapping the right place on a touch screen is really hard when you've got teeny font).

But I'm curious: people are raving about the features in QuickOffice. What features does it have that you really need in a Word editor that, say, a simpler app like Olive Office lacks?

beastman

May 8, 2011
I use documents to go. I used it on the palm treo and was glad to see it on android.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I've been using OliveOffice, and it's fine except that at the moment it's impossible to change font sizes, which makes all sorts of things difficult (for example: tapping the right place on a touch screen is really hard when you've got teeny font).

Yes, I've been using OliveOffice and also noticed that you can't change the font size. I sent their support a question about it and their answer was that OliveOffice does not officially support tablets! They also said a tablet version was not going to be available soon.

However, I think I have a workaround! I took MS Word on my desktop PC and created a small document with a little bit of text in it. And I set the text to the font and size I wanted. Then I copied the file over to the Acer and put it into the same directory as the other OliveOffice files. Then when I open that file in Olive the font type and size is what I want and as long as you add your text it should stay the same type and size. I then use that original file as a template for any other new Olive files. A little kludgy but works OK so far.

Gerry

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
Nice workaround. Thanks! It's weird that they wouldn't fix this; I mean, they don't really have to make a tablet version, just get the font size to work on tablets--that should take all of 20 minutes of programming. Oh well. I am still curious about what features the $30 programs offer that Olive doesn't--aside from font sizes, I mean.