Official 2.2 for Haipad M701-R Soon?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Saw a rumor on another forum that Haipad says there will be an OFFICIAL Android 2.2 firmware update for the M701-R around 10 November 2010. This is the first time I've heard a specific date, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a delay.

Earlier in October when I contacted Haipad via email their representative wouldn't confirm or deny the November release rumor, but did mention the unofficial/testing Froyo rom that's out there and described it as "also a very good experience." I've read independent reports that - despite only 256 MB of memory - it's pretty snappy thanks to JIT, but is currently missing some features/functionality. Hopefully those issues will be addressed in any official release.

Calbocano

Oct 27, 2010
Hi I just received an upgrade from merimobles when I complained that the picture viewer in the Gallery was no good but the same pictures in the clock picture viewing was ok to good and the video was great. Also the G sensor was 90 degree off in the game raging thunder. Any way I now have version 2.10 in stead of 2.09 and I didn't brick the thing ha ha. Well I don't see much difference in the Photo Viewer and I haven't got around to re installing the game. The long and the short of it is when the soft ware 2.2 finally is available I will try to install it. So I will also be looking. I really like the M701-R, it is a good unit and I might get another for my wife and daughter.

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
If you download Google Chrome and visit the Haipad website through Chrome, it will translate the page automatically...If you look at the Download Center the description for the Froyo update states it's buggy and not everything is going to work, that there is a lot of improvements that still need to be made and they ask for patience while they have time for research and development for troubleshooting...I would steer clear no matter your Android experience noob or pro

Dec 30, 2010
The official version came but was about as much use as a Haipad with no screen, there's no point to it. When is it coming? 2.2 official working release for Haipad 2.2 and not the HY version. I sent an email to Haipad and still have heard nothing. I even said can you give a rough estimate of time in maybe weeks, months possible years but nothing as of writing. So true fully working 2.2 is still an enigma for a Haipad m701 at present I believe unless there is some secret download vault somewhere offering some crazy kick ass modded version of it then I guess we will have to wait.

bobwho

Dec 18, 2010
So true fully working 2.2 is still an enigma for a Haipad m701 at present I believe unless there is some secret download vault somewhere offering some crazy kick ass modded version of it then I guess we will have to wait.

Over on Slatedroid team telechips is brewing up 2.2 for our tablets but these things take time. They have only had the valuable telechips source code for our hardware for a short time and this is what is required to make the stuff go.

They beat haipad to releasing a beta image and haipad had the source code then. I'd say around mid jan we will see another major inprovement in beta and maybe usable?

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Release Board (US) using Android Tablet Forum App

milkdud63

Jan 23, 2011
I tried to update with the new 2.2 with the haipad M701 with the "I LOVE YOU" screen and the twist with their download is they give a nand file that is to small, but if you use the nand file from either the original rom and the next update from the original it will let update with 2.2. The things that i have found that seem to be a problem in my book is you cant sync your gmail account at least i couldn't and the two buttons up top are change, the normal back button is now a home button and the menu button seems to not work at all. So if this helps let me and if you can get that stuff working correctly let me now.

Thanks,
Milkdud

P.S. The 2.2 update is super quick and smooth just to let yinz know

Last edited: