One Click Root for your M701/M701-R easy for Noobs like me!

Treisee

Nov 26, 2010
Any idea how to get a Haipad m701r into safemode? This device has the rocker button on the top right corner and a small round button in the middle right front next to the touch screen. Any help would be great :D

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
switch the pad on, push the ([]) button until the 1st splashscreen appears, release the button.
now quickly press and hold the 'menu' button untill the pad has booted completely.

Oct 28, 2010
Another good question!

How to turn on your pad, because GUESS WHAT?

My m701 wants me to turn it on using the "Apple Like" button - the one in the middle of the tab with ([])

My m701-r wants me to use the "left" button on the side of the tablet...

This is because 2 different roms they rerouted the "on" buttons, so the both answers above are correct.

Dec 15, 2010
I have downloaded the one click root from start of thread but cant seem to get usb connection to work properly.

I am trying the root to use apps that have said will allow ad-hoc networking so I can tether the M701 to my cell phone wi-fi program.

I hate to ask for help like this but think I'm stuck and frustrated by a bad start. :confused:

I connect to my XP PC and it tries to install driver but only says cannot be installed.

I can get the machine to access the nand memory to see pictures on the M701. When i run the root&flashlite nothing happens. The unit wont install anything or reset like stated.

I am normally very good a figuring things like this out, but this has me bummed:mad:. I know its something simple i am missing. Any help would be great.

I just want to get the ad-hoc mode working, so if anyone has the heads up on how to this I may not need to root.

Many Tanks

S87

Oct 10, 2010
I have downloaded the one click root from start of thread but cant seem to get usb connection to work properly.

I am trying the root to use apps that have said will allow ad-hoc networking so I can tether the M701 to my cell phone wi-fi program.

I hate to ask for help like this but think I'm stuck and frustrated by a bad start. :confused:

I connect to my XP PC and it tries to install driver but only says cannot be installed.

I can get the machine to access the nand memory to see pictures on the M701. When i run the root&flashlite nothing happens. The unit wont install anything or reset like stated.

I am normally very good a figuring things like this out, but this has me bummed:mad:. I know its something simple i am missing. Any help would be great.

I just want to get the ad-hoc mode working, so if anyone has the heads up on how to this I may not need to root.

Many Tanks

You have already downloaded Z4 root apk or are you doing a root the "mumbo jumbo" way?

To connect the USB- Plug the USB cable in-Device will say "USB Connected" on the top status line.
Touch the status line and drag it down & open.
Touch "Mount" for internal storage. Then mount External storage (SD Card)

Under "My computer" these will now appear as drives.

My device would not allow me to use a terminal on it until I put an exception for SDK in the Windows Firewall.

st0x

Dec 16, 2010
Heya,

Just got my hands on a Haipad M701-R, trying to root the darn thing with no luck.

Deployed Java SDK and Android SDK onto a Windows XP workstation, installed Google USB drivers,

Only problem the .inf apparently contains no information for the device when attempting to install the Eclair driver. so Windows XP reports the driver contains no info for the device 'have tried forcing the driver manually with the same result'.

Do i need to modify the anroid_winusb.inf for it to work with the Haipad?

Cheers,

Dec 15, 2010
You have already downloaded Z4 root apk or are you doing a root the "mumbo jumbo" way?

To connect the USB- Plug the USB cable in-Device will say "USB Connected" on the top status line.
Touch the status line and drag it down & open.
Touch "Mount" for internal storage. Then mount External storage (SD Card)

Under "My computer" these will now appear as drives.

My device would not allow me to use a terminal on it until I put an exception for SDK in the Windows Firewall.

hank you for the reply.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I plan to try to allow the SDK full firewall access.

I did end up using the Z4 root program. Im not sure why but now the M701 won't install any apps or updates from the market. This has to be abnormal, and seems like it all started when i rooted. They just say "starting download" for a long period of time and nothing happens.

This M701 was purchased as an experimental 1st android device so i can learn the basics until the phone i want gets released.

I may try doing a full restore and start over. Anybody have the skinny on how to reset back to factory settings??? Also i have installed all the SDK software on my XP machine. I would like to know how to change the wi-fi settings via command codes. Whats the best way to access the command code and edit. I found a web site that has a couple of work arounds for the wi-fi settings so you can use ad-hoc networks.

Thankx again for any help.

Oct 28, 2010
Funny you say that about the Android Market not working, mines is not working "on my m701-r", but I just bought a Huwai Ascend for my metropcs account, and I used the same "email" address... AND GUESS WHAT????

IT WORKS!! so..... it worked on my M701-R for the first week, now its not working??

So what gives? if anybody has an answer, please let us know.

I have to tell you thought that I never thought my EASY ONE CLICK ROOT for the M701 would be as sticky!! thanks!!

Oct 28, 2010
By the way, I also used the Z4root (please find link on page 2 of this thread) AND IT WORKED EASY TOO!!
One click root z4root, is awesome, (used on my huwai ascend)..

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
you can try to clean the Market cache
Settings -> Applications -> manage Applications -> Market -> clean Cache

haggiskiwi

Dec 7, 2010
Dumbass noob question - I downloaded, USB connected & applied the"Root&Flashlite" from the start of this thread.
Apart from the "Superuser permissions" application (wshich has no options when I open it) how do I know that my Haipad has been rooted correctly?

Last edited:

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Dumbass noob question - I downloaded, USB connected & applied the"Root&Flashlite" from the start of this thread.
Apart from the "Superuser permissions" application (wshich has no options when I open it) how do I know that my Haipad has been rooted correctly?

Search "root" or "rooted" on the market for some app you want like cache cleaner that requires root access. Run it. It will ask for Superuser permission, you'll grant it, and then you'll know you have root access when it works.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
By the way, I also used the Z4root (please find link on page 2 of this thread) AND IT WORKED EASY TOO!!
One click root z4root, is awesome, (used on my huwai ascend)..

I thought z4 far easier than the other options. Is that cheating?

Dec 30, 2010
Here is the download link, download load it, unrar it, and double click on "Root&Flashlite" and it automatically sends all the commands and restarts your M701 and your rooted! VOILA

http://www.cheappc.com/shared/android/Root_701.rar

Have fun!

I couldn't get this to work either I ended up just using z4root but please be aware use the latest version because on m701 one the older version kept saying rooting then coming up with an error message whereas the later one doesn't have the error message reboots the pad and worked like a dream.