Pandigital Novel reset button lost

greenwyvern

Aug 16, 2010
First if I am posting this twice I [FONT=&quot]apologize. Had a power failure, thought the post went through but don't see it.

Over on Slatedroid I see at least one person has the same reset button problem I have. It has disappeared down the rabbit hole. First time I used it no problem. Second time there didn't seem to be a button in the hole for the paper clip to push. Wiggled and fished around for 5 mins. and finally got the Novel reset. Anyone else have this problem?

Has anyone taken the back off the Novel? Is it possible? Im sure I'll need that little button again before the year is out...:rolleyes:
[/FONT]

kevinjanet

Sep 7, 2010
I have taken the back cover off to get to the battery. Then to do a hard reset you unplug the battery connector wait a few sec and plug back in. The large part of the back side comes off not the smaller part.
The first time I hit reset button it worked the second time it didn't even though the button was still there.

phillyboytx

Oct 19, 2011
I too have tried to RESET to FACTORY Settings - we are "releasing" ourselves the Pandigital Planet after a brief "visit" to the Planet.

We need to erase all Personal Info and data on the Planet. I expected the Reset to be a combination of the On/Off button and somethiung - but it is not.

To Reset to Factory Settings all you have to do is find the PRIVACY function within SETTINGS.
From the Main Menu hit the (MENU BUTTON =) see the bottom of the screen for SETTINGS. Wthin PRIVACY there is FACTORY DATA RESET....
THIS IS INCORRECTLY DOCUMENTED in the USERS GUIDE.

Last edited:

Waveraider

Dec 16, 2010
To reset factory setting do the following:

On Home screen hit settings.
Go to SD Card & eReader storage
Go to Factory data reset and push "reset ereader" button
Next, push "erase everything" button

Then it will shut down and restart on its own. Takes about 5-10 minutes for for it to totally reboot, and everything seems to be scrubbed.

Turn off the wifi switch to make sure you don't pick up any nearby feeds.

Last edited: