PanDigital R79RT2W5 7" Tablet Need advice ASAP

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Hey guys, I was looking around for a decent little tablet that my 8 year old and 4 year old could use for drawing, practicing school related stuff like reading , math etc and occasionally watch movies etc on. I took advantage of a flash deal last night on the above tablet and got 2 for $59 each with no tax or shipping. I was finally able to find the specs on the processor etc and im wondering if I erred and need to cancel the order. Need advice asap.

http://www.panimagemedia.net/r79rt2w5/

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I got a 7" Pandigital from Big Lots for my grandson & returned it. Mine had Android 1.5 & couldn't be upgraded. I couldn't find many apps for it. I ended up with a Cruz (2.0). It is still limited, but much better. Much nicer hardware, too.
- Conrad

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ellandry

Sep 26, 2011
Well I read on their site that orders cannot be cancelled

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Teatime

Nov 2, 2011
Doesn't say which model this one is. I took a long look at the Pandigital Novel and the Pandigital Planet. I was strongly considering buying the Planet but I got a better deal on the Coby tablet on Ebay. The Coby has more features. If I'm recalling correctly, Pandigital has an agreement with Barnes & Noble and Google so you have instant access to the Android app. market. But I don't know if that's the case with the one you bought. Weird that there's no model name.

I'm not a fan of giving tablets to little kids but I'd especially not give them a really inexpensive one. One of the complaints I read about the Pandigital was that the construction is cheap and the screen broke easily. That was from adults -- In the hands of little kids, I doubt it will last very long. Just my thoughts.

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
just looked at the specs, I got the same ad.

The Pandigital novels are actually pretty cool little devices

THIS is not one of them

not even sure its a PDN, as the site says panimage, looks close but not 100%

the MFG site says andy 1.6, so there may be NO updates available, the 2 things that may be wary is the lack of exact CPU info on the makers site, and 256MB of ram.

I have an Augen GT78 from when THEY 1st came out and its a GREAT tab to learn on, but for productions sake it needs more ram, and IT has a 700MHZ cpu, this one is unknown speed.

there are a few sites on the net w/ info but not may, most pouint to youtube.
I bought my 5YO a Nook Color Refurb, yes it was $139 compared to $59, but I KNOW I can make it a fully functioning tablet.

my 2 cts

j