PanImage Media Tablet 7" Google Android WiFi Multimedia for $129.95 free s/h at QVC

Nov 27, 2010
I saw this on QVC on thanksgiving and my mom asked me if I wanted it and walked out of the room, so I have a good feeling I'm getting it for christmas. =D This looks like a neat little gadget. I've has my iPod touch for a couple of years and I'm kind of getting tired of it. Reading reviews I realize that it wont replace it, but I'm interested in messing with Android since I don't have a smartphone. I'll probably make some YouTube videos about it and let you guys know what I think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You guys would have been much happier with the Coby 7". Good thing is that the QVC return policy is till January. Better watch out, because it is extremely fragile. Most of these tablets are, but the plastic ones are really bad.

What are you going to do with an external hard drive with it? It's not like it can play videos.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I saw this on QVC on thanksgiving and my mom asked me if I wanted it and walked out of the room, so I have a good feeling I'm getting it for christmas. =D This looks like a neat little gadget. I've has my iPod touch for a couple of years and I'm kind of getting tired of it. Reading reviews I realize that it wont replace it, but I'm interested in messing with Android since I don't have a smartphone. I'll probably make some YouTube videos about it and let you guys know what I think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like it fun to use and learn the Android OS on it. To me it's the easiest one to upgrade the firmware. The other brands you got to do all sorts to get the ROM updated. I had told my brother-in-law to get two for his kids. Those two kids come up to me and say Uncle you know what what you can do? I say what you can buys both iTouch's. Heck no let your parents do that. Their dad told me this would be too huge for them. But the iTouch screen is tiny. Anyway everything is sold out. Enjoy your Christmas gift!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You guys would have been much happier with the Coby 7". Good thing is that the QVC return policy is till January. Better watch out, because it is extremely fragile. Most of these tablets are, but the plastic ones are really bad.

What are you going to do with an external hard drive with it? It's not like it can play videos.

You can play videos I got music videos from Youtube to play. Just have to be in FLV format 400x240p. There is a free video converter that does a nice job to take any format to convert over to FLV.

kniccolai

Nov 29, 2010
I can't figure out what's the verdict on the PanImage from QVC? I have 2 teenage boys and thought this would be good for internet access, music and more. One is in college but he drops everything, so if this is that sensitive it would be a problem. If this one is not good (I don't have lots of time to figure out how to configure it) what is?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I can't figure out what's the verdict on the PanImage from QVC? I have 2 teenage boys and thought this would be good for internet access, music and more. One is in college but he drops everything, so if this is that sensitive it would be a problem. If this one is not good (I don't have lots of time to figure out how to configure it) what is?

Let's put it this way..

75737_457698377948_579882948_5635435_2499410_n.jpg

Mine fell on the floor a couple of times by the dog. But one time while I was sleeping in the easy chair it fell front forward. Crack the touch glass screen inside. Then there goes the that. I made it worst above. I have 3 more coming along with the PanImage. Just have to be careful with any of these electronics. They really pack the panel and TS really good. Though. This type of tablet is good for kids and adults. Just have to handle it more with care.

Most of the tablets I've own have hit the floor a few times. None of them had the inner RTS cracked though. The Coby was hit the wood floor so hard it was okay. Best to get the extra case padded case for these tablets. The Pandigital White suffers from cracks on the case molding badly.

Last edited:

kniccolai

Nov 29, 2010
So other than being fragile...is this a good item? Does it need to be re configured? Can they just open the box and go?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
My verdict is that this tablet really is not worth the headache, unless it's extraordinarily inexpensive and/or you only want a plug-in ebook reader/desk email checker.

So other than being fragile...is this a good item? Does it need to be re configured? Can they just open the box and go?

As with any Android based device, you can install 'applications' on it pretty easy. However, the lack of performance of this will limit what type of applications you can run on it.

Most of these tablets are extremely fragile. I wouldn't trust my kids with it if I were you.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010

Yes just setup the WiFi and bang! Your set. But everything today is fragile in a way. Drop a netbook or laptop and they're break, you might not see it but something might now work again. Cell phones are made to hold up from drops. Tablets are just like netbook/laptop. It's funny how the battery is still charged still on that tablet above which was 2400mAh.

Nov 30, 2010
HORRIBLE!
Not worth your money......
I got it on 11/30/10
Not even an hour using it.... DIED!
The wi-fi will keep the same passcode even if it's wrong
Games don't work
No good apps!
Horrible device
And it is a slow processing firmware!
SCREW 1.6!
Returning atm....
Don't get it!

Nov 30, 2010
Yeah I do...
My mom saw it on Thanksgiving say....
I saw it...
I looked interested
When I saw 2.0 GB I was like WTF!?!?!
I saw the wi-fi issues...
No firmware updates
No games or apps
My mom hated it because it didn't have an facebook app.
It died quickly....
4 hours to charge... That's more than an iPad!
And the issue is... The RAM
It is to slow....
Upsetting in my opinion