PC Does Not Recognize Tablet as Removable Device

rb56

May 24, 2014
hello all, i recently ordered from nomorerack the android 7" tablet they advertise. it came with a small booklet that i mistakenly threw away. it doesn't matter though as i read all 4 pages which was basic how to turn on, charge and showed a legend for the buttons, speaker etc. my pc runs win7 and doesn't recognize it and it searches for drivers and finds none and to contact the manufacturer. there isn't a brand anywhere on it. it's an android 7", dual core A23 processor,model no. TY_Q8H, android ver. 4.2.2, firmware version v2.0.8. my samsung s3 recognizes it as "polaris". how can i get my pc to see it as a removable device? windows update is updated btw, device manager shows it but won't update drivers as it finds none...help anybody? thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Many people have had this problem, not just with tablets. Sometimes they never can get connected and there are dozens of possible reasons why. The only suggestions I have are to watch the tablet to see if you get a notification when you attach it, try a different USB port, delete it from the device manager - restart the computer ans try again.

Usually the reaon for connecting is to transfer files but there are dozens of other ways to do that. microSD card with a reader for the PC, if you have one. AirDroid from the Store, DropBox, and others. If you follow the link in my sig I have an entire thread on file transfers.

dlawton86

May 27, 2014
I'm basicly in the same boat as you bro; I also Orderd a Tablet from Nomorerack and got some unbranded generic tablet. Runs Android and works well but As u said my computer says it cant find a driver for it.. I got a 9' and my specs are a little different. But mine also says TY_POLARIS in it.. Model # TY_GT90H DUALCORE-A23 ANDROID VERSION 4.2.2 ....Im trying to find out how to ROOT my tablet.. No luck so far.. But im able to transfer files and all to it, everything installs on the computer from the tablet except for the part that says ANDROID..Ive even tried finding Generic drivers ,NOTHING! Let me know if you get anywhere bro.. Nomorerack did a switch on me also, I was suppose to be getting a completely different tablet..

rb56

May 24, 2014
Many people have had this problem, not just with tablets. Sometimes they never can get connected and there are dozens of possible reasons why. The only suggestions I have are to watch the tablet to see if you get a notification when you attach it, try a different USB port, delete it from the device manager - restart the computer ans try again.

Usually the reaon for connecting is to transfer files but there are dozens of other ways to do that. microSD card with a reader for the PC, if you have one. AirDroid from the Store, DropBox, and others. If you follow the link in my sig I have an entire thread on file transfers.
thanks for helping, i tried the different usb ports and rebooting and nothing still. when i plugged into the usb it says it's searching for drivers and none are needed, none are found and to check the manufacturers site for drivers. i have the sd card and dropbox and i have d'loaded airdroid but haven't looked at it yet. thanks again for the link also, a lot of help there.

whalefreak

Jun 25, 2014
Greetings, I'm new here & I need some help also.. My mother recently bought a TY_POLARIS Model # TY_GT90H DUALCORE-A23 ANDROID VERSION 4.2.2..
Is there a Users Manual available for this tablet? Pls let me know? Thank you..
Will check back.. Please contact me.. Whalefreak

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Whalefreak

I am not aware of any tablets that come with a manual. You may want to do a search for it using the name of the tablet. The lack of manuals is one of the reasons so many people ask questions here.

user9898TJ

Sep 12, 2014
I happen to be researching a different issue on this model tablet and saw the threads on connecting via USB and request of a user manual

If you connect the tablet to your pc via USB, inorder for your pc to recognize the tablet drive, pull down the notification alert window. Either select the "USB connected" notification. On the next screen, select the "Turn on USB storage" option. then select the "OK:" on the popup that says "... some apps your using will stop and maynot be available...". The tablet drive shown as Polaris (with a drive letter will now be accessible within your pc file manager. To disconnect the tablet's drive, select the "Turn Off USB Storage" icon on the tablet.

Option 2 - Pull down the notification window and select "Connected as an installer, touch for other USB options". On the next screen, select "Media device (MTP)". The TY_GT90H storage drive will now be accessible within your pc file manager. To disconnect the tablet drive, select back to USB Large Storage option

I'm also uploading a very simplistic manual I came across for the tablet (4.2..2 OS)

Attachments

• EN - TAB-P925 - Manual Android 4.2.txt
    18 KB · Views: 419

Percival

Sep 7, 2014
"If you connect the tablet to your pc via USB, inorder for your pc to recognize the tablet drive, pull down the notification alert window. Either select the "USB connected" notification. On the next screen, select the "Turn on USB storage" option. then select the "OK:" on the popup that says "... some apps your using will stop and maynot be available...". The tablet drive shown as Polaris (with a drive letter will now be accessible within your pc file manager. To disconnect the tablet's drive, select the "Turn Off USB Storage" icon on the tablet."

AHA! This also works with the Zeepad 7.2 (Gingerbread 2.3). I didn't know about the notification pull down trick and went with AirDroid instead. That worked, but it's nice to have a non-WiFi option available.

THANK YOU!

This belongs in the "Getting Started" section someplace for us klewless noobs...

Percival

Sep 7, 2014
About the Zeepad- it has two USB ports- one labeled "host", one labeled "OTG". The latter is the one to use for sharing files with a PC (mine runs Win8.1 BTW).

I thought I knew something about computers. I've been using Windows machines since Win3.1, and the first I knew of OTG was when I got my Zeepad (at a yard sale for US$5).

I'm starting to enjoy the Android learning curve. Thanks to everyone for asking and answering so many questions I was too embarrassed to ask.