PC Unable To Recognize/Install Driver For Samsung Galaxy Tab S

dj_paige

Dec 4, 2013
I am having a problem where I connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab S to my Windows 7 Home Premium computer via a USB cable. The computer does not recognize that a storage device is now attached, and so I cannot transfer files this way. The computer does make the sound that you would expect when a new device is plugged in to a USB port, but then it tries to find the driver for the device, and cannot find it, and so there is no communication. The cable does indeed cause the tablet to be charging, if that matters.

How can I get the PC to communicate with the tablet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Rather than going into a long explanation re: the first part of your post, the answer to the question can be found in a link you can follow in my signature.

dj_paige

Dec 4, 2013
Rather than going into a long explanation re: the first part of your post, the answer to the question can be found in a link you can follow in my signature.

Ok, I have read your link, I certainly can use DropBox to move files from the PC to the Tablet and vice versa, but there's still something wrong with either my tablet or my computer, which your links do not answer. When I plug in my tablet via USB cable to the computer, it should connect, and it doesn't. I would still like to know how to fix this.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
OK, you have forced me to answer. ;)

That happens a lot, not just with tablets but also with phones. There may not be a solution. It's usually due to some other devices being attached to the computer and the registry got fudged because if it or it can also be security software related or who knows what. Of those who have tried to correct it once it happens, most fail but they spent/wasted a lot of time getting there.