Photo sharing

KenK

Dec 15, 2010
Nubee here, to both Android and tablets.

Years ago we gave my in-laws a Ceiva frame (www.ceiva.com) and it worked great. They needed to do nothing and we could upload and organize pictures that would automatically download every few days. Unfortunately, it worked on a phone line and they've now dumped their land line.

I just purchased an Insignia INFOCAST that runs Chumby's OS and has an app that allows us to upload to Photobucket which will play a slide show on the INFOCAST from our uploads.

I was considering checking out an Android tablet. I've done a bit of searching for Android apps that might allows us to upload to something like Photobucket and have the tablet play a slide show of our uploads.

Does anyone know if any such thing (or similar) exists?

Many thanks,
Ken

Why not use wireless for your ceiva? They also have an Android app to send photos to the frames.

Yes! After I posted I found the Photobucket app for Android. I tried to come back and say as much but my post hadn't been processed yet. It sounds pretty cool but I didn't see anything that mentioned a slide show.

The Ceiva is one of their earlier models and only used a telephone land line, it didn't even have a USB or card reader.

I think I'm going to end up sticking with the Chumby driven INFOCAST. It's pretty simple, cheap ($100) and I'm runninng out of time for any more investigation.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

All the best of the season,
Ken

you can't actually view a slide show with photobucket just browse, upload, and search

Back