Picture Sorting

geezer

Jun 29, 2016
This is not a vitally important subject but I would appreciate an answer, if possible.
I have downloaded 40 or so photos onto my new Medion Lifetab P10341 tablet from my W7 p.c.. They were all reduced in size on my p.c. before transferring.
They were sent in one bundle, in alphabetical order of title, and have arrived safely, bright and clear, but now on the tablet some of them are in order and some are not.
I can't see any reason for them being mixed up i.e. how the tablet decided what goes where.
I have connected the tablet to my p.c. and sorted them on the p.c. monitor but that makes no difference to their order on the tablet.
Is there any way of sorting, either using the p.c. or doing it on the tablet?
Thanks.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The ones out of order likely have picture metadata in them while the ones in order do not. Use JPG & PNG Stripper on the PC to remove the metadata. The files should then sort alphabetically, though they may end up in reverse alphabetical order. My astronomy wallpapers are like that.

geezer

Jun 29, 2016
Thanks very much, Traveller.
I couldn't think of a difference between any of them but now I realise that some photos will have been cropped using Photofiltre and some not, so I guess that that is the reason. I will do as you suggest and use a stripper which I presume doesn't harm the photo in any way.