Pinch-Zoom Broken on Dolphin HD V4.3

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Well, I spent a few hours last night trying to figure out why pinch-zoom wouldn't work on Dolphin HD. Turns out it's specifically broken on the Nook!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Note the link to an older version in the quote below.

Dolphin Browser

*******Nook Color Users Only*******
Don't update to V4.3 for Pinch Zoom Issues
Downgrade to V4.2:
Anyone need to downgrade please try http://bit.ly/dolphin42
So I've downgraded and got my precious pinch-zoom back! :D Too bad I reinstalled it 25 times and lost all my settings before thinking of downgrading...

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
How do i downgrade?
If you see the link in the original post, just click on it and it will lead you to a download link. Once it's downloaded, you can either use a file manager like Astro to install it, or if you do it within Dolphin, you can tap on it in the download folder and it will automatically install! :)

-Matt

EZRyder

Dec 30, 2010
I tried both Opera Mobile and Opera Mini - neither one will allow pinch zoom!! I then downgraded to Dolphin HD 4.2, per the link above, and it works! Yah!!! Thanks!!!!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
I tried both Opera Mobile and Opera Mini - neither one will allow pinch zoom!! I then downgraded to Dolphin HD 4.2, per the link above, and it works! Yah!!! Thanks!!!!
Not quite as smooth as my Droid, but I'll take it! I'm assuming it'll get fixed in an update?

-Matt

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
Help!

Must be doing something wrong?

Downloaded the APK and Astro, the uninstall worked but the install errors with "Install blocked - Installation of download apks is not supported"

Any tips would be appreciated.

Tom

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Have you gotten that error before? Probably means you need to head over to "NookColor Tools" and enable the option for sideloading apps. You may also need to reboot if it doesn't work right away.

And WELCOME to the forum, Tom! I hope you find it a helpful place. :) We're developing quite the Canadian contingency, may have to start a sub-forum!

-Matt

padlz

Jan 19, 2011
Help!

Must be doing something wrong?

Downloaded the APK and Astro, the uninstall worked but the install errors with "Install blocked - Installation of download apks is not supported"

Any tips would be appreciated.

Tom

Mine gave me that error msg as well, despite the fact that my settings in the Nook Color tools said to allow non-market apps. I unchecked it, tried again and got the error again, then re-checked it and tried once more and voila.... worked like a charm. Moral of story: You may have to uncheck that setting then re-check it... Hope that helps!

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
Matt:

Thanks!

I must admit I am frustrated at this point!

I have "Allow Non-Market Apps" checked. It says to copy the APK file into /system/apps. I am able to use Astro to move the file around (copy to /media) but Astro will not allow me to copy it into /system/apps.

Sorry, but this has not clicked for me yet

Some other things that I cannot figure out how to do....

1. Installed apps do not show up until a reboot
2. "Exit" an app
3. In "NookColor Tools", I can not find any "back" button. If I go into "Manage Applications" there is no way out!

-Tom

padlz

Jan 19, 2011
Tom,
Note my post prior to yours. Try unchecking "allow non market apps" then go out of Nook Color Tools and go back in and re-check it. This worked for me. It was like NC Tools didn't really believe I wanted to allow non-market apps until I unchecked it and re-checked it. Also, no need to try to move the apk file prior to installing it. Just run the install with the apk file in your download folder or wherever it went when you downloaded. I read that same thing and thought you had to move it as well. Again, it just turned out that I had to uncheck "allow non-market apps" and re-check it. That solved it for me.

PS - I used Astro to install. Just find the dolphin apk using Astro and install. Also, I think you can use softkeys to give yourself a back button while in NC Tools.

Last edited:

Thomas

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks Padlz!

That was it!

Strange, but I should have known the "re-enable" trick.

(I guess the "copy to /system/apps is just a red herring?)

Now I can move on to figuring out the rest of my frustrations - iPad has made a wimp out of me!

Tom

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Mine gave me that error msg as well, despite the fact that my settings in the Nook Color tools said to allow non-market apps. I unchecked it, tried again and got the error again, then re-checked it and tried once more and voila.... worked like a charm. Moral of story: You may have to uncheck that setting then re-check it... Hope that helps!

You are correct. Unchecking and then checking again should fix the error.