Please help me - I'm new!! Whatsapp question

suze79300

Jun 6, 2011
Hiya there,

ive just got my new MID WM Tablet, running on 2.2 I believe.

I've downloaded Whatsapp........but it says "cant recognise your phone" well yeah, it's not a phone......so my question being...how do I use my Whatsapp on the tablet, with the same contacts ive got in my Blackberry ... ???

Pleeeeeeeeeeeease help - i'll never be able to figure it out :)

Suze

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Not every app can be used on every Android device. The message can't recognize your phone means that the developer has not provided a version that runs on your hardware. you may need to find a different messaging application, there are many out there and i am sure there is one that will work on your device.

suze79300

Jun 6, 2011
Do you know how I can pair my Blackberry Curve with my Android Tablet?? So it can pick up my contacts from there?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
by far the easiest way is as follows (if you have gmail already skip that part):

1. get a gmail account at www.gmail.com
2. install Google Sync on your Blackberry
3. sync your contact from your blackberry to your gmail account
4. sync your contacts from your gmail account to your Android.

suze79300

Jun 6, 2011
Thank you very much - I am on with that now. If I input my contacts into the tablet......is there a chance the Whatsapp would work???
SOrry for the questions....I'm just pining after whatsapp so really hope I can get it to work!!

by far the easiest way is as follows (if you have gmail already skip that part):

1. get a gmail account at www.gmail.com
2. install Google Sync on your Blackberry
3. sync your contact from your blackberry to your gmail account
4. sync your contacts from your gmail account to your Android.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
probably not if it says it can't recognize your device. what is it you want to use that app for? perhaps we can recommend another choice

suze79300

Jun 6, 2011
probably not if it says it can't recognize your device. what is it you want to use that app for? perhaps we can recommend another choice

Here's what I did......

I downloaded Whatsapp onto the Android............direct from the Whatsapp website. (I saw this happen on the iPad and then there was an option to put your mobile number into the iPad).

When I went to Accept the terms & conditions to fully install App it says "We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try again". this stumped me, as it's not a phone.

I would like to use a messaging service, that uses my contacts that ive inputted which works like Whatsapp........

chaoscreater

Sep 4, 2011
Here's what I did......

I downloaded Whatsapp onto the Android............direct from the Whatsapp website. (I saw this happen on the iPad and then there was an option to put your mobile number into the iPad).

When I went to Accept the terms & conditions to fully install App it says "We can't identify your device. Please turn off the phone, take out the battery, restart it and try again". this stumped me, as it's not a phone.

I would like to use a messaging service, that uses my contacts that ive inputted which works like Whatsapp........

No offense, but it's called using common sense. The reason why it works for iPad is because you can insert a microSIM card into it. After all, iPad has a 3G model and so you can obviously go online anytime you want, hence why it makes sense that you can use an app like WhatsAPP as it requires a connection to use it. Most Android tablets don't use 3G and don't support SIM cards (that's why they are tablets, duh). WhatsApp works mainly on phones, so any Android phone should support it as it simply needs to register your number with it.

TheUndertaker

Sep 30, 2011
I am thinking about purchasing a Asus Eeee Transformer, anyone have one? How well does it work? Need more info before I buy!