Possible to Delete Widgets on Nexus 7 Android Tablet?

hunterr2

Jun 29, 2015
I have e-mails that I opened up and it somehow wound up on my widget page. I I can drag the icons to a page where I drag it up to the corner and it turns red and disappears but when I return to the widget page it still there. Do I really have to live with the e-mails from angies list that I tried to delete?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try "long pressing" on the icon. You should either see a trash can appear that you can drag/drop it into or see a menu with a delete option.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If I understand the question/issue correctly, the only way I know to remove a widget, (icon), from the actual widgets pages is to uninstall the app.

hunterr2

Jun 29, 2015
Try "long pressing" on the icon. You should either see a trash can appear that you can drag/drop it into or see a menu with a delete option.
Hi, Thanks for your response,
I tried but all the long pressing just made my other icons dance. I haven't seen a trash can only the x on the top left but it did not appear sadly.

hunterr2

Jun 29, 2015
If I understand the question/issue correctly, the only way I know to remove a widget, (icon), from the actual widgets pages is to uninstall the app.
So, I would have to delete my gmail account? this would get rid of the opened e-mails? then I would re-install?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Is it the G-Mail icon or the G-Mail widget you are referring to? You can remove the widget from a home screen, not from the widget page. That's not likely to happen as removing your G-Mail account would not remove the G-Mail app. In fact, as far as I know, unless you are at least rooted you can't uninstall that app..

hunterr2

Jun 29, 2015
Is it the G-Mail icon or the G-Mail widget you are referring to? You can remove the widget from a home screen, not from the widget page. That's not likely to happen as removing your G-Mail account would not remove the G-Mail app. In fact, as far as I know, unless you are at least rooted you can't uninstall that app..
No it is not the actual icon on the widget page. it is an e-mail (actually there are a few junk e-mails that took up residence on one of my widget pages. Basically they are similar in appearance to this post.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Very strange. The only thing that should ever appear on the widget page is widgets.

hunterr2

Jun 29, 2015
Very strange. The only thing that should ever appear on the widget page is widgets.
No, I have both. i wonder if i somehow hit some setting by mistake. i have several widget pages and everything that is on my app screen is on one of my widget pages. its not that big of a deal. i looked at google play news stand now that is on one of the pages. i have a google map from one day when i looked up directions. stupid random things. i can live with it. thank you for all your help. if you do find anything out i will check back in a few days.
Thanks again.