Post-update annoying clicking sound,even with sound volume 0

Mirjana

Aug 2, 2011
So I cannot find the source of it,it is not really clicking like typing sound more a noise that follows every touch. What to do?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
So I cannot find the source of it,it is not really clicking like typing sound more a noise that follows every touch. What to do?
Try going into SETTINGS and turn sound OFF. Just to see what happens.

I don't mind the click sound when I'm typing. Drives my wife batty though.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just setting touch sounds off and it made not difference. May need to reboot.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I just went into the keyboard setting in the LANGUAGES & INPUT and turned the clicking sound OFF and it is OFF. NO MORE CLICKING.

I was able to turn the VIBRATION ON TOUCH off as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mirjana

Aug 2, 2011
just a little precision: it worked, but it is not straight in language &input but futher at the level of default keyboard,than settings, and it vibration on touch should be unclicked

the thing is that now the noise is gone,but I cannot find how to add more keyboards ,I click on the ones I want but nothing happens, US English is default and I would rather English Canada,need also French Canada and Serbian or Croatian, as I said I can see those languages but cannot add it. Any thoughts?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
just a little precision: it worked, but it is not straight in language &input but futher at the level of default keyboard,than settings, and it vibration on touch should be unclicked

the thing is that now the noise is gone,but I cannot find how to add more keyboards ,I click on the ones I want but nothing happens, US English is default and I would rather English Canada,need also French Canada and Serbian or Croatian, as I said I can see those languages but cannot add it. Any thoughts?

I've got the language set to system language which would be US
I'm not really bothered by the language and keyboard being set to US. Yeah I know some of the US spellings really get on my goat - colour as opposed to the US version color. However for simplicity sake I choose to ignore those issues.

There is the option of changing the system language to ENGLISH(UK). When this happens you may get a choice of available keyboards - I'm not sure. The ones to ask would be the Dutch/German/french members of the forum. Giles lives in France and maybe if he had a look at the settings of his A500 he would be the one to confirm my suspicions.

CYA

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010

Well, if I go to Settings/Language & Input (under Personal), then under Keyboard & Input Methods I locate Android Keyboard and click at the far right (click on something that looks like some sort of equalizer icon). Now you will have a new menu, where you select the first option which is Input Languages. I deselected Use System Language as I keep mine in English and then under Active Input Methods I selected English (US) and Spanish (as I am from El Salvador). I was able to find Croatian, Serbian and Frech (Canada) but no English (Canada).

Then, to switch from one keyboard/language when using your keyboard, just click on a small keyboard near the time and there you will be able to switch to the one you need.

Mirjana

Aug 2, 2011
keyboard-different languages issue:
yes,everythong is there,I swich to let say frenchcanadian keyboard but nothing -no accentuated char
acters,no accents alone .The only thing that seems to work properly is cyrillic - лике тхис
I just cannot find those accents!!!!