Printing from Galaxy Note 10.1 (non-Samsung printers) ? can it be done ?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Another problem that can occur is if my printer is asleep if I use a cloud print option I'm fine, my computer seems to be able to wake the printer but Printershare can't seen to find the printer. I sometimes have to go wake my printer first.
An interesting thing with HP printers is the ability, after assigning your printer an email address (online) using the hp eprint site, You can send a document to that address from anywhere and it will print as long as your wifi network is up. It doesn't rely on any computers on your network.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
leeshor said:
That's really strange. I'm thinking that there is still a way to print over the WiFi and you may need to do more digging. You do know that it will work using PrinterShare over Cloud Print, yes?

Yes I know there are clouds, not here in Miami though!:-D I didn't try to do it as it's supposed to be done with my Samsung 8.9.....I'm going to give it another try,keeping in mind what Tom is saying in the post below yours as well. I let you know ,guys and thank you for now!

cneajna

Jan 6, 2012
I just received my Note 10.1 yesterday, but am not new to Android as I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and had a Le Pan II (decided to act wonky - thank goodness for extended warranties). I previously installed Epson's Printer Finder and iPrint apps on my old tablet and today I installed them on the Note. I got it to do both print and scan (printer is all-in-one WF-3540). The only "glitch" was that I had to load the item I wanted to scan in the top loading tray, but it pulled it thru the scanner and ejected it to the bottom tray no problem. Printing worked just fine. Of course you have some settings you have to change, but aside from that nothing else. It worked great. I'm guessing for other printers you need to find out if they have an app (and of course the printer has to have wifi - mine does). I have not used the cloud because I'm not keen on using online storage.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
It may be possible but you'll need to load some kind of driver...or some app which contains the corrdct driver for your printer. For Android it will probably use the CUSP idea (Linux/Unix). I have never tried but I'd like to give it a shot. My printer is a USB connected to a network printer server.