Problem With Froyo Android 2.2 APad Tablet PC - 8 Inch

HarryD

Jan 1, 2011
I purchased a , Froyo Android 2.2 APad Tablet 8'' 3G WiFi Freescale Cortex-A8 FR-809

I am having problems with it. If I push down (not tap) on the screen on the lower left side when it is on, it shuts off (not power down, screen goes blank) and will not turn back on. If I carry it or pick it up when it is off and push down on the screen on the lower left side, it will not turn on. Pushing the reset button has no affect. The only way, in both cases, it will turn on is if I plug in the charger and then it will turn on. It also does it when the charger is plugged in. When it comes back on, it losses the the time and date setting. It is acting like the power is disconnecting when the screen is pushed in and the only way to restore power is to plug in the charger, then it works with or without the charger. It only does it if the screen is pushed in on the lower left side. Also, sometimes after it comes back on, some of the apps that have been installed will not work and have an error message. The apps have to be un-installed and then re-installed.

Has anyone else had this problem? It works great except for this annoying issue. I emailed the seller, but they are off on Chinese new year.