Problem With One Website

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Hi All,
I am posting here again in this section because I'm still new to this website with this being only my second question, AND, this question may or may not be related to my very first post about how my Chrome browser stopped working on my Android tablet.

Since my last / very first question I have discovered that there is ONE website that I cannot enter using my tablet. I can visit this site on my desktop, but NOT my tablet. Every time I visit this site om my tablet I get this pop up:

The Website's logo on top, then...
Your browser is out-of-date and due to PCI requirements is no longer supported. Please download one of these up-to-date, free and excellent browsers:
FIREFOX OPERA CHROME

So what does PCI mean, and why am I getting this pop up preventing me from visiting ONLY this one website?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
My guess is that it;s a vendor/store site and considers the browser you are using as not secure enough. PCI stands for the Payment Card Industry. There are some sites that won't work at all on any Android browser but with that said why not try Firefox or Chrome?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi CanAm, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Hi leeshor and Spider, and thanks for the replies!
leeshor, the fact that PCI sands for Payment Card Industry makes me a little nervous because that site is the only one where I've used my credit card since Christmas. Plus, I have bought several items from that site every month since Christmas and all of them have been done by using my Chrome browser. Chrome has been my primary browser on both my desktop and Android Tablet for years. On my desktop I've used Chrome since 2010, and on my tablet since I got it in 2014. Chrome works for all of my websites except for the one on my tablet that just started in the last week redirecting to the pop up I mentioned. I would really like to know why my Chrome browser stopped working for one site only, and how to correct it. I would prefer not to download Firefox or Opera just for one website.
Spider, thanks again for the welcome, and I completely understand you moving this thread to the Android Q&A section. However, when I clicked on the link you posted, and, when I go to it on my own, I could not find this thread. In fact, what I am seeing is the newest thread in the Android Q&A section is dated March 14th which was two weeks ago. So if you can please tell me what I might have done wrong that would be great!
Thanks again to both of you for the help and advice.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Unfortunately Android browsers don't work at all like the desktop versions and sites can usually tell you are on a mobile version. I have 3 browsers on my tablet and switch between them as needed.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
However, when I clicked on the link you posted, and, when I go to it on my own, I could not find this thread.

Your thread IS the first to appear, following the "Sticky" threads which are always first. Another way to locate ANY thread you've ever posted is to click on your own name just below your avatar. That will take you to your profile and clicking Postings will list all the post you've made in chronogical order

CanAm

Mar 13, 2016
Hi you two,
leeshor, if I have to use a different browser for just the one website then that's what I will do. I just don't understand why this would happen after all this time. That;s why I was originally wondering if this problem was related to my very first post last week(?) and the language I was getting and posted here.
Spider, thanks for the tip. I will check that out.
Thanks again to both of you for the advice.