problems connecting tablet to pc

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
am i doing something wrong?:confused:
I am trying to connect my pc to the tablet via usb.
The tablet is a g10 haipad 2.1 android OS. Recently bought for a xmas present for my daughter.
When the tablet is connect a usb logo is shown on the top of the tablet & the pc pings to identify something has been connected to it.
When viewing the pc nothing is shown as recognised as connected.
I cannot find how i can download/ transfer from the pc. No options or menu i can find to gain access.
I have also transferred the required files onto a SD card. but again I cannot gain access to them.
Not sure if something is wrong with the tablet. My sd card says it has nothing on it i.e states blank sd card when inserted to the tablet.
This is incorrect. I have transferred music onto it, to be used on my tablet.
Regards
Graham:confused:

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
Hi
I have now installed linda fille manager. I Brian up sd card Burrows nothing comes up.
Does this mean I Android useless or something is wrong.
Sorry but new to Android.

Sent from my MID using Android Tablet Forum App

Dec 30, 2010
When you plug your pad into the computer if it beeps or makes some sort of signal then it has normally connected but you sometimes have to put your finger over the upper task bar and press 'usb connected internal' and 'usb connected external' to get any of the drives to be recognised. If you still can't see anything either a g: or maybe f: drive then you may need to check in the device manager on your pc or laptop to see if it shows here. If it does but shows with a warning triangle or something similar then you will need to find a driver. However, normally and as far as I can remember you just enable both of the internal and external settings I mentioned above. I wish you luck with your new tablet. If this is the first problem there may be more but don't despair it is worth sticking with this forum because there are a lot of people who know their stuff and definitely more than me.

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
Hi lingerie to order.
Thanks for the info, but when i press the usb logo on the upper task bar on the tablet. The date appears, seems to happen all the time. Is this normal. The task bar works on the rh side for thehome action & the volume but nothing else.
Is this a setting issue? Or something more sinister?
Regards
graham

maddog69

Nov 22, 2010
Hello again
Got a few steps forward now.
Linda file manager installed & now picks up the items i have transferred onto the sd card BUT. (yes another problem/ but)
Having problems with gaining access to the files now.
The task bAR ON THE TABLET HAS A SD CARD EMBLEM WITH A '!' ON IT.
THE MESSAGE FROM THE DRAG DOWN MENU STATES BLank sd card
SD card blank or has unsupported files system.
hopefully someone canassist.
graham

billmell

Feb 14, 2011
I was about to post this problem on here when I came across this answer. I did as you suggest and the problemm is solved. If only the tablet manual was this good. Thank you very much.

Jimodt

Jan 18, 2011
Hi
I had a similar problem with the computer recognising the pad's internal drives. By experimenting, I found if you connect the USB to computer BEFORE you switch on the pad, then pull down the notificarion bar and click on the iternal/external drive and select MOUNT.