problems downloading library books

juanita45

Jul 7, 2012
I have Pandigital model R90L200 and I can't get my computer to recognize it so that I can transfer borrowed library epub books from ADE to the tablet. ADE doesn't recognize the tablet either. I thought maybe I could drag the book directly to the tablet but The hardware icon on the taskbar shows the connection but when I click on My Computer it doesn't show up. What am I not doing that I should be?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I'm not certain what is causing the problem with the computer not seeing your tablet but I have a couple suggestions for a work-around.

If your computer has "network" shares on it you can browse, using a file manager like ES File Explorer, to the eBooks and cut/copy/paste them onto your tablet. You can also get WiFi File Explorer from the Google Store and use your computer to transfer files back and forth. In a pinch you can mail them to your tablet mail account if they aren't too large.

Ringwizard

Aug 15, 2012
I have a problem like this, I can move free ebooks and PDF books from my PC to my Android tablet and read them OK, but I borrowed two books from my local library, one an Adobe E-PUB and one an Adobe PDF. They opened in Adobe Digital Editions. I connected my tablet and ADE recognised it then authorized it. I then dragged the two ebooks from the MyDigitalEditions folder on my PC to a folder on my tablet (ebooks). But Aldiko can't import them. The iReader that came with the tablet (tre Chinois) can open the E-PUB, but all the pages are blank (they are not on the ADE view!).

I've also tied installing OVERDRIVE media console on the tablet but all it does is talk to me, I can't find a menu to import, or open, books???

HELP!