Problems with Coby Kyros MID1048

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
hi i have a mid 1048 that i just got a few days ago its an ok tab but it doesnt support google software which i would love to obtain i have tried quit a few methods with no luck the closest i have gotten is getting google apps like clash of clans to allow me to sign in and play but i still cant access the play store. it seems as though im the only owner of a mid 1048 with intent to better the tab because i cant find anything on the net on this tab except one link on rooting the device but its download links are dead i should add aswell i have rooted it already. i would like to try a recovery method that i beleive would work but team win recovery project doesnt support my tab and i cant use clockwork mod because the volume up button does not work and twrp is all touch i can use that but cant find a working option for my tab does anyone out there have any leads on how to get gapps and recovery on my tab if posibble id like a custome rom to but i think that might be close to impossible without knowing how to build it myself. its running ics 4.0.3 kernal 3.0.8 if you want the build just let me know and thanks in advance to anyone who can solve this week long nightmare im stuck in

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Moved to Coby Generation 3, where you're likely to get more responses.

Read the stickies in the forum I moved your post to, but be extremely careful. If you are truly rooted, then you want to make a backup of your firmware before you do anything to your tablet.

P.S. Your post is hard to read, which will negatively impact the number and possibly the quality of the replies you receive. In the future, please use punctuation marks at the very least. Capitalization of your sentences will also be a plus.

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
Moved to Coby Generation 3, where you're likely to get more responses.

Read the stickies in the forum I moved your post to, but be extremely careful. If you are truly rooted, then you want to make a backup of your firmware before you do anything to your tablet.

P.S. Your post is hard to read, which will negatively impact the number and possibly the quality of the replies you receive. In the future, please use punctuation marks at the very least. Capitalization of your sentences will also be a plus.

Thank you for your advice. Do you have recommendations on how to backup my tablet?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Search for for my fake telechip recovery, should do what you want.

sent from my kingSing T1 via taptalk

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
Where should i search? Iv tried this forum and google but not much came up. Do you possibly have a link?

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
Also Id like to add: Does anyone know if i can use software and guides for mid 1042, 1045, 1060 ?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If you're already rooted, there should be no need to unroot. Especially if installing the custom recovery images as you mentioned in your opening post doesn't trigger the nand lock boobytrap present in some units.

keaton10689

Aug 31, 2014
ok sweet thank you is there any way i can create a backup before hand on my pc ? sorry im not very techy when it comes to tabs

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I assume you're running Windows 7. If running Windows 8, there may be significant issues with both installing the necessary drivers and using ADB to make the system dump. Windows 8 seems to not like the Android Debug Bridge for some reason.

In any event, install the drivers and download my root utility. There is a possibility my root utility dump routine may not work correctly on your tablet, meaning you would have to manually enter the commands through the command prompt. But you'll have to try it first. I don't have one of the later tablets to test changes with, so I never updated the utility.