PROJECT: Reviving a Hard Bricked Kyros

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, I created the sdcard with u-boot-sd.bin.mid703v3.mm, replaced utscript_sd with the utscript.sh named as utscript_sd, inserted the sdcard into my tablet, shorted pins 7 & 8, pressed power + volumeup, and after a while it shuts down. But when I power it up I just get a black screen with the soft buttons lid. I tried several times in various ways but I keep getting this result. Oh yes, before I tried the screen was bright white on power up, after the first try it went to black on power up.

Here is what I did:

Last edited by a moderator:

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong, I created the sdcard with u-boot-sd.bin.mid703v3.mm, replaced utscript_sd with the utscript.sh named as utscript_sd, inserted the sdcard into my tablet, shorted pins 7 & 8, pressed power + volumeup, and after a while it shuts down. But when I power it up I just get a black screen with the soft buttons lid. I tried several times in various ways but I keep getting this result. Oh yes, before I tried the screen was bright white on power up, after the first try it went to black on power up.

Here is what I did:

Ok, there is some life in it now! I managed to get the haipad m7 firmware on it, found on the internet as "Herotab_C8_0419_Gingerbread Rooted".
When I press volume up I hear the sound of the volume up, same for volume down. The home button on the center glows a little and when I press power all 3 of them light up for a second. The weird thing is I still have no screen, not even backlight :s I am thinking that the lcd might be broken. Also as soon as I try flashing my own factory rom to it it goes broken again. Anybody has an idea what this could be or how to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

BryanBogs

Apr 19, 2012
Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been an android user since middle of last year and am currently using a Kyros 1024 that has a custom Rom called GingerLF-V1.5. Please be considerate of my noobness, most of what I know with android has been me doing the step by step instructions from forums :)

The thing is I accidentally bricked my fiancees 1024. What happened was I placed the ROM files directly into the unit's memory because it wouldn't load via the SD card unlike with my own tablet. After that the 1024 wouldn't boot. When I press the power and the menu button they and all the soft keys just light up and then turn off.

I've tried the tips here regarding opening the unit and shorting both pins 7 and 8 but unfortunately nothing happens. I've read all the pages but unfortunately I'm having a hard time understanding if I'm doing the right fix for my problem.

Thanks in advance for anyone who'd like to help me. I'm a fan of Coby and I've been endorsing this to my friends since I've already owned 2 units so I know that I just messed up this one. Thanks!

cyrius

Apr 25, 2012
Hi
My MID9742 tablet seems to be dead : after having tried to root it (z4root), it stucks on android loading screen (after Coby splash screen). I ve tried to hold on both power and vol- button (this tablet has only power,vol-/+ and back buttons), a "lying down android" appears with a /!\ red sign.
Is there a chance to boot from an external sd card ? how ?
thanks in advance
Cyrius
(France)

icepick

Mar 21, 2012
ok i figer out the kyros 7125 pin fore fwdn unbriking and a rom to do it with to but now i have got a prob with video aspect ratio
sence i had to use mediacoms 8125 rom the screen aint cinter way to big.ok back to main subject the pins are 7-8 on the side where
the wifi chip is and starting from the cpu side. o ya do not cut the battery supply it creat a boot loop
and dont have to hold the short between 7-8 oce u notice the fwdn show the nand you can let it off
i tride the sd card way but wouldnt work mabe to bricked. i used a papper clip bent it to the to look like a hook sort of and held it one end on the battery and the other end on the pins.

Last edited:

Pallipoiss13

Jun 23, 2012
Hi guys!
This is old, but I will confirm that this works for MID1024 with (n) board, now it works like a charm!
PS: Does anyone still use this tablet but me?

alcarpe

Feb 4, 2013
Hi all, need some help over here with a bricked mid 8127. I've reviewed hundreds of forums looking for some way to solve it but every single try pushed me two steps backwards. Now I am against the wall.

It is stuck in the welcome process of android,FWDN mode is not detected by windows, neither adb, nor vtc.

The last try was to short pins 7&8 in the NAND with no success (it's a Hynix not a Samsung, the pin out is the same though).

I am not sure that I'm doing the thing well because i don't find clearly the way to put OFW on th sd card as it hasn't the same structure the mpman has.

So please, anyone could give me some tip about this ?

Thanks all.

alcarpe

Feb 4, 2013
Hi all, need some help over here with a bricked mid 8127. I've reviewed hundreds of forums looking for some way to solve it but every single try pushed me two steps backwards. Now I am against the wall.

It is stuck in the welcome process of android,FWDN mode is not detected by windows, neither adb, nor vtc.

The last try was to short pins 7&8 in the NAND with no success (it's a Hynix not a Samsung, the pin out is the same though).

I am not sure that I'm doing the thing well because i don't find clearly the way to put OFW on th sd card as it hasn't the same structure the mpman has.

So please, anyone could give me some tip about this ?

Thanks all.

After some desperate tries, shorting 7&8 pins, don't know how I put the tablet into FWDN mode to be recognized by the FDWN program in my PC.

So, I flashed through this, but as told in this forum (don't remember where) the screen doesn't work. I used the ROM for Herotab (or MPMAN) tablets.

Then I have tried to update in the official coby germany web, but stuck, can't enter recovery mode, the first problem I had after flashing srt recovery.

Now I am waiting to get the official recovery to flash it and make the tablet revive again.

I will continue telling my experience as I think It could be useful for somebody.

Last edited: