[CFW] Restore Firmware 1025_v4 Froyo - 2.2

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
WARNING!

It was found that some MID1024 tablets have a different board. Some are 1025_v4 while some are 1024n. This CFW is only for tablets with 1025_v4 boards (if you know how to flash, of course! it will void your warranty!). How to find out what board you have? Follow this thread.

This CFW was possible only with the help from Fbox and steev, without whom it would not be possible to extract important files needed to create this restoration firmware. All this was done in the thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...3007-project-reviving-hard-bricked-kyros.html

This is not meant to be an "update", but a restore firmware in the case you brick your tablet. Unfortunately, there is no support from the manufactures and as of now no other similar tablet was found. But I have added some interesting features:

- New boot logo: KYROS by Coby created by sunset0202 for steev's CFW
- Boot animation: Bubbles from UOT Kitchen
- Battery with percentage
- Root and Market enabled with Contacts and Calendar sync
- LCD density set to 160 and fake USA cell carrier for improved Market compatibility (app for changing LCD density included)
- 1.5GB of internal data (mod by steev)
- 3G, Bluetooth and enhanced HDMI enabled
- Fingerprint to fake Galaxy Tab WiFi 7"
- A few speed optimizations

Tested and working: LCD, digitizer, camera, WiFi, HDMI and 3G (needs compatible modem).

Disclaimer: This custom firmware was tested in a MID1024 tablet with a 1025_v4 board and worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use. If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.

Installation

I recommend that you previously do a full format in FAT32 mode to make sure the card is OK, and fully charge your tablet's battery.
1. Download ZIP file
2. Uncompress and copy its contents to the root folder of a microSD. Don't move the folder, but its contents. You should see a file called "u-boot.bin" in the root folder of the microSD card that will be used in the external slot of your tablet!
3. Insert the microSD card in the external slot and start your tablet holding the Home button (silver one). Don't hold it for too long: as soon as you see some blue text on screen, release all buttons.
4. Relax and wait.

First boot will be slow, hang on! If your tablet is bricked, follow the instructions in the thread about reviving the tablet. You may not need to open your tablet, first try doing it with a 4GB microSD as smaller ones won't work (not sure about 8GB).

Again, thanks to Fbox, steev and all the people in the Orkut forum Coby Kyros tablet for testing and suggestions.

V1.0
Download link - CFW-1025_v4-2.2 - Minus.com
8D:55:2E:1B:F8:69:F4:F1:16:EF:AB:32:D0:D6:68:C2

Last edited:

Fbox

Oct 17, 2011
Good Job!! Congratulations lfom!
I´m really considering to install this CFW... Do you think I need to backup some system files from my stok FW before doing it?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Good Job!! Congratulations lfom!
I´m really considering to install this CFW... Do you think I need to backup some system files from my stok FW before doing it?

Just keep those files in your 4Shared account. Anyway, as I don't have a tablet for testing, keep in mind that any modification in the firmware has to be tested by other users like you. It is still Froyo, so you won't get an update of the system, just added features.

If you do want a complete backup of your current ROM, you will have to use a tool like nandump as it should backup all your current NAND and probably allow you to recovery it later (not sure if it will work with 1024 since we don't have fastboot mode). I talked about it in the other thread about reviving the tablet, in the part we were looking for u-boot. If you want to try it, I can search and post a link here for you.

andporfirio

Feb 21, 2015
Sorry revive the topic but the link is broken. Could post again? I can put it on other servers. Thank U.