Proscan Tablets?

Dorota

Jan 1, 2014
Hi all,

i purchased Proscan 7 inch tablet 2 weeks ago and the battery seems to die quickly - the most i can get out of it is 1.5 hrs. what is the life span of the battery?

Newtabfan

Jan 14, 2014
A local liquidation store where I live has a 9" Proscan listed for $99.I don't like buying anything expensive there,as they don't give refunds,except for defective products.I've had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for a couple of years,and am quite happy with it.

Last edited:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
A local liquidation store where I live has a 9" Proscan listed for $99.I don't like buying anything expensive there,as they don't give refunds,except for defective products.I've had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for a couple of years,and am quite happy with it.

Canadian Tire has a Proscan 10-inch Tablet as a Special Buy for $119.99 and it carries a 1 year exchange warranty redeemable at any Canadian Tire store. I was a bit wary of recommending a no-name tablet, as most are completely useless. Did a lot of research on this tablet... well, the most that I could do due to it being a no-name, and everything came up positive. Turns out this is model PLT1066, made by Curtis and sold under the name of Proscan. You can get the full manual from Curtis' website. It has 8GB of internal memory (not the 4GB listed) which gives you about 4~6GB usable. It's a Google Certified tablet, which means you have Google Play -- very nice. Screen resolution isn't the greatest, but it has no problems running most games. The cameras aren't great, but they're OK for taking quick pics if you have no other photo-taking device available. Programs sometimes randomly crash, but not often enough to be really bothersome. The tablet isn't too heavy and I was actually quite surprised to see how thin it was. It appears sturdy and looks pretty nice. If you buy this tablet thinking you'll bring it back in a few days, you'll be utterly surprised. For this price, especially for a 10.1 inch tablet, you simply cannot find a better deal. If you're looking for a basic tablet to browse the web, read e-books, watch YouTube, check your email/facebook, this is perfect for you. I can't comment on longevity or battery life because I haven't purchased one yet.

treysib

Jan 26, 2014
I bought 12 from QVC for Christmas for my kids and grandkids, and 4 out of the 12 are not working correctly. 1 stalls and the words android and never loads, 1 gets really hot, 1 shuts off constantly by itself and the other freezes every minute.... Paid 79.99 each for them and I too, can not find anything online for help except a 800 number, for which I will call tomorrow.

the specs:

• Includes PLT7777G tablet, micro USB cable, AC adapter, and manual
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB internal storage
  • 7" diagonal capacitive multi-touchscreen display with 800x480 resolution
  • Built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • Front-facing camera
  • HD video player supports up to 1080p
  • Supports AVI, WMV, MP4, MKV, RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV, 3GP video formats; MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, OGG audio formats; JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG image formats
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Google Play Store
  • microSD memory card slot
  • Micro USB port
  • Headphone jack
  • Measures approximately 4-3/4"W x 7-1/2"L x 1/4"H; weighs 11 oz
  • UL listed; 90-day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Imported

jermo133

Jul 2, 2014
I bought 12 from QVC for Christmas for my kids and grandkids, and 4 out of the 12 are not working correctly. 1 stalls and the words android and never loads, 1 gets really hot, 1 shuts off constantly by itself and the other freezes every minute.... Paid 79.99 each for them and I too, can not find anything online for help except a 800 number, for which I will call tomorrow.

the specs:

• Includes PLT7777G tablet, micro USB cable, AC adapter, and manual
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
  • 1.2GHz dual-core processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 8GB internal storage
  • 7" diagonal capacitive multi-touchscreen display with 800x480 resolution
  • Built-in 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • Front-facing camera
  • HD video player supports up to 1080p
  • Supports AVI, WMV, MP4, MKV, RM, RMVB, FLV, MOV, 3GP video formats; MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, OGG audio formats; JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG image formats
  • Built-in rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
  • Google Play Store
  • microSD memory card slot
  • Micro USB port
  • Headphone jack
  • Measures approximately 4-3/4"W x 7-1/2"L x 1/4"H; weighs 11 oz
  • UL listed; 90-day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
  • Imported

Did you call the (800) number,and what is the number? I am still trying to get my tablet to do a hard reset. I'm stuck at Proscan screen. Please help