Proscan Tablets?

sewmerry

Nov 28, 2012
Has anyone had any success using HDMI to connect to TV. My tablet came with HDMI cable but no info on how to use.

NFMZ1

Nov 30, 2012
I have the Proscan 7" tablet and it works fine for me. I use Getjar and Mobile1 apps to get 99% of the same thing I get on Google play. Maybe I am not looking for the same apps. Also this is going to sound wierd but can soomeone post a pic of the power plug for it. I have 500 cables here for every electronic in my house but my daughter seems to have gotten hold of this ones power cord so I can't charge it. She has the D2 tho and plays with it daily.Wife has the Nexus and if you have the funds that is definitely the tablet to have. It smokes these 2 like they are standing still

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
I bought Proscan plt7035, $120 (with shipping) and for that price range I am very satisfied.

7" inch screen, 4 Gb, tried some games, everything is going smooth. Off course if you buy this piece keep in mind that you can't get so much for $120, so my global impression is : average, or "Ok for this amount."

I snagged 5 of those Proscan tabs (PLT-7035B) to pass it on as gifts (from P C Richard and Son when it was on sale for 59.99 USD just before christmas) which I thought was a great bargain.
It is the bare bones so to speak and is good enough for basic use.
I opened one out of curiosity and tried all possible stunts to get it to be recognized by the comp. but no go. Guess I will stick to my Nexus 7 ;)

vulcanize

Dec 28, 2011
I snagged 5 of those Proscan tabs (PLT-7035B) to pass it on as gifts (from P C Richard and Son when it was on sale for 59.99 USD just before christmas) which I thought was a great bargain.
It is the bare bones so to speak and is good enough for basic use.
I opened one out of curiosity and tried all possible stunts to get it to be recognized by the comp. but no go. Guess I will stick to my Nexus 7 ;)

Okay - here is an update because curiosity led me to investigate further.

Rooted one of the last pieces left with me (needs to be gifted to someone who has absolute zero technical know how of anything comp. related).

Ran into technical difficulties with regards to ADB driver and comp. recognition of tablet on my Vista laptop. Following link has work around for that.

Proscan Android 7" running ICS - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

After the connectivity issue was sorted out used the following post on xda-developers to achieve root

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Tutorial] Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS

As for playstore :-

followed the post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67&postcount=1 and installed it.

Cheers
good.gif

Last edited:

Ahkhira

Feb 20, 2013
Bought one of these, and it's going back. I know some have had luck with the Amazon appstore, but not me. It works until I close it and then I have to reinstall it from the apk file. Not pleasant. I am somewhat tempted to risk bricking the thing in an attempt to root it.

chicknhawk

May 25, 2013
I know this thread is fairly old but this site came up in my quest for some info about the tablet. My local biglots sent me the weekly ad and this is what is advertised.Regularly $89.99. Advertised price valid Sunday, May 26 and Monday, May 27, 2013 only.
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
7" capacitive touch screen
1.2 GHz processor
4GB flash memory
512MB DDR3 RAM
Front camera
Keyboard and tablet case included
Model #: PLT7044K

CJay

May 31, 2013
Hello everyone. I just bought a Proscan PLT7223G Tablet. for about $80.00 dollars. It seems to work well. No trouble with it. I would just like to know if I can download and use IPAD apps into it? Or only apps strictly for this specific tablet. Please email me directly at [email protected] with answers if possible. Thank you. P.s. for some reason, while I am writing this post, my enter key does not work. But works normally for everything else. But not while writing in these forums. any ideas?

draigthedm

Dec 7, 2013
I am running the 4 inch proscan tablet and I have no problems with downloading apps. it had a program on the main screen called aptoid. I downloaded it and am able to find my apps there.

Drews89

Dec 28, 2013
Hey guys I have a proscan PLT7223G tablet and my daughter somehow accidentally put a password to it and don't have no clue how to remove it now my question is does any one know how to remove it ???

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Apparently, there is no reset procedure for that tablet. If none of the methods suggested in the reset thread worked, I suggest you contact Proscan for assistance.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Apparently, there is no reset procedure for that tablet. If none of the methods suggested in the reset thread worked, I suggest you contact Proscan for assistance.

Rock chips are a pain to work with, I saw a post over at xda about entering recovery mode on these tablets, from there one should be able to factory reset last post in below thread.
[Q] PLT-7223-G assistance. - xda-developers