Q88B Chinese Tablet, Issues with Google Play Store

Dec 25, 2012
Model # J-Q88B
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+

Found it on e-bay and bought for my daughter for christmas. I didn't do enough research before buying I guess but I am having issues with the Google Play store, getting the error - Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]. I have cleared the cache for the play store in settings to no avail and have installed an account that currently works on my cell phone and that won't work either. I contacted the reseller and they sent me some image files and a flash program but the image file didn't work with the program (go figure). I emailed them yesterday and they sent me a youtube link through their dropbox account but their dropbox account got closed. Is there any way that I can fix this? It is stock right now and I don't know how/if I should root it (if it needs it).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

archbos

Dec 26, 2012
hello
i have bought the same tablet from Amazon (J-Q88B) - and i have same problem - did you get a solution yet ?

thanks

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Hope you can get this resolved.

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
Model # J-Q88B
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband version: 1.5
Kernel version: 3.0.8+

Found it on e-bay and bought for my daughter for christmas. I didn't do enough research before buying I guess but I am having issues with the Google Play store, getting the error - Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:S-5:AEC-0]. I have cleared the cache for the play store in settings to no avail and have installed an account that currently works on my cell phone and that won't work either. I contacted the reseller and they sent me some image files and a flash program but the image file didn't work with the program (go figure). I emailed them yesterday and they sent me a youtube link through their dropbox account but their dropbox account got closed. Is there any way that I can fix this? It is stock right now and I don't know how/if I should root it (if it needs it).

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

What you need is to get root and remove the build in gapps and install custom gapps for the tablet. Unfortunately I don't have the same tablet as yours so I don't know how to replace your gapps. Hope I bump this thread so anyone who can make the custom gapps can make for you.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2

Lapin127

Dec 26, 2012
You should be able to do this by accessing the Play Store through a Google search, instead of using the Chinese App on your Tablet. Probably not an idea to Root a new Christmas present!

cbcaraway

Dec 25, 2012
I had same problem with the one we got our son for Christmas. My husband did a factory restore, then it said google play had an update...now it works.

mark2013

Jan 4, 2013
goto manage apps/all/google services framework/force stop then clear data, do not delete then do the same for google play store.
reboot tablet create new play store account or use existing.
works on any tablet or device with same problem :)

hope it helped and happy new year :)

paragon428

Jan 19, 2013
Guys, I got a response from google play as follows and Part A worked for us!! ENJOY - these are great little machines for the money!

Part A
>
> 1. Try using a new account as it may be a problem with Google Play account
> 2. Go into SETTINGS
> 3 Then select Apps (select the 'ALL' tab)
> 4.Select 'Google Framework Services' and Clear Data (please only clear data;
> *Do not delete Google Services Framework completely*)
> 5. Select Google Play and Clear data there too ( the same process as above)
> 5.Reset your tablet by switching on and off
>
>
> Try resetting your home router just to be on the safe side
>
> Part B
>
> * If location error e.g. App not available in your country.
> 1.Go into SETTINGS
> 2.Location services - Check box for "Google's Location service

zulredfrog

Jan 25, 2013
hi,
i have usb problem..
when i plug in the usb cable from pc to my tablet,my pc cannot detect the tablet..
i wish you can help me.. :D

kokoabozeed

Mar 23, 2013
i have the same tablet (J-Q88B) but with another proplem that is : the usb modem dosn't work any more it was very good but naw i don't know the reason of stopping work , the usb modem works in my p.c very good but no action with the (J-Q88B) tab and it couldn't save any new apns i'm very sad can any one help me is there any soft ware solve the proplem?

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2013
Hello! Please help me urgently with a firmware for this tablet J-Q88B $shot_000001.png

NHENGO19

May 15, 2013
hI FRIEND, I FOUND THE SOLUTION. GO TO SETTING- APPS-ALL- GOOGLEFRAMEWORK SERVICES- STOP DETECTION- ACEPT- CLEAR DATA- ACCEPT- REBOOT NOW.(turning your tablet on to off and turn it on.) good luck.