Quick question

mojo43

Jan 25, 2011
I have the 7 inch black Canadian version of the novel with the default installation.

The only thing that bothers me on the tablet is that I find that it is really slow to refresh a pdf page when using any reader other than the stock reader (which doesn't allow zooming). Is there anything that I can do to increase performance??

Thanks in advance...

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
If you root this (newer firmware) you will be able to run the full Android OS and be able to kill unnecessary apps that continue to bog down the device.

The Pandigital Novel runs quite a lot of stock (I find unnecessary) apps at the start up that (I feel) really do not need to be ran. This bogs down the whole device...

Once the device is rooted and turned into a real tablet, it's 100% faster...

dtraylor

Jan 9, 2011
I have rooted my WPDN and have market access. I have even managed to install Advanced Task Killer. The problem: I do not know what stock apps to "kill" that may be slowing down the unit.

Feverhost (anyone), can you help me figure which are the apps that I should destroy?

Thanks

mojo43

Jan 25, 2011
If you root this (newer firmware) you will be able to run the full Android OS and be able to kill unnecessary apps that continue to bog down the device.

The Pandigital Novel runs quite a lot of stock (I find unnecessary) apps at the start up that (I feel) really do not need to be ran. This bogs down the whole device...

Once the device is rooted and turned into a real tablet, it's 100% faster...

I am not sure I understand. I installed task killer and there are no tasks to kill. What am I missing? 100% faster should be a significant increase!

Thanks in advance...