Ramos W7 Android MID

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
ramos-w7.jpg

Just in case you were curious about how the Ramos W7 Android MID looks like, here it is - nothing groundbreaking, but we're pretty interested at the generous touchscreen display that looks oh-so-shiny thanks to the wonders of Photoshop. We wonder whether it will use fingerprint-resistant material, and apart from its rather generic form factor, there is no further information concerning the W7. Stay tuned as we'll do our best to keep you posted.

Update: We have recently found out more about the RAmos W7 Android MID, where it will run on Android 1.5 Cupcake.

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
December 11, 2009 1:01 AM
ramos-w7.jpg

The Android MID known as the RAmos W7 is back in the limelight, and we have more news about it compared to three months ago - so far Version 1.5 Cupcake of Androdi has been confirmed, and let us hope that RAmos will roll out updates for the W7 to keep up with newer versions of Android as well. There is still no word on a release date for the W7, but it seems as though plenty of folks in China are looking forward to the W7 - perhaps it might make it for the Chinese Lunar New Year assuming it misses the Christmas release date.

JimMariner

Dec 23, 2009
By Paul Miller
posted Dec 10th 2009 7:41PM
Engadget

We've seen some video of the RAmos W7 running Android (with some pep), but these new photos of the device out and about are pretty promising. An Android slate with a 4.8-inch screen in a thinner-than-an-iPhone form factor? Look out, Archos 5.

RAmos W7 spotted blazing through Android

As much fun as it is seeing the RAmos W7 in the wild, all legit and everything, what's more exciting is seeing that Android-specific 600MHz Rockchip CPU in action again. This time it appears to be handling some pretty snappy web browsing to some fairly hefty pages, and then diving into what looks to be Flash video in an externalized, overlain player of some kind. The Android Archos 5 does a similar thing for media playback, but it's not plugged into the browser like this, and we really haven't seen many devices attain these sorts of browser speeds at this resolution. Sure, there's still plenty more OS to see, but it's good to see both of these products making a bit of good on their promises.

ramos-w7-android-1.jpg

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am not in China right now but here's what I've been hearing about the Ramos W7 from my Chineses sources

Issues:
screen is way too small, at 4.8"
wifi reception is very weak
production has stalled since the first production run
Rockchip, the chipset manufacturer and electronics provider for the W7, has moved on to focus on their RK2818 chipset. The W7 seems like it is an abandoned product
Same issues that plague all RK2808 Android implementations, including the lack of a proper memory killer, and read-only /system

mingnon

Aug 18, 2010
Saw that their is "[ROM] Ramos W7 Hinagiku Hybrid ROM (China Chinese) - 0616", just wondering is an english version available?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I can modify it to English, but it takes a bit of time and no one seems to have one so I never bothered.

Hinagiku took out stuff Chinese people can't use, but the only difference is that it boots in Chinese. Just change the language under settings.

PM me if interested

sk.specialk

Oct 30, 2010
Anybody trying to buy the Ramos W7 for just 100 dollars?

It's in near perfect condition, comes with all accessories.

PM me for details. Paypal only. Shipping to US only.

RomanticEvil

Oct 26, 2010
Hmmmz, I got one coming on friday.. 4.8" ? I've been misinformed, if that's again the case those chinese A*holes can keep their crap tablets, already have received mail the Rockchip based devices aren't available, I get wm8505 junk (even more), I won't even touch those when they come in, straight reselling!