Really? 1 Hour DL time?

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Ok yeah...so am I missing something here? Is it really 1 hour to download the autonooter zip file?

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Must be a slow server. I think it only took me a few minutes. What link/site are you trying from?

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
WOW!!! Just tried the link (I used the same one a while back) and I'm looking at 1.5 hours. :( Do you think the server is throttling down the bandwidth?

-Matt

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Yeah really weird. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't just me. Oh well...48 min left. Is what it is I guess.

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Yeah I wonder if for some reason they did dial back bandwidth...it was weird when I first opened it up it was flying...then it just got slower and slower.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Sorry to joke...but you could probably download Nookie Froyo, copy to sdcard and run it while you're waiting!

-Matt

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
If I knew what that meant...I would probably do it. Lol...wait...that's probably not funny that I don't know that. Yeah see this could be bad...lol. I really need to learn to listen to my wife...oh nah.

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Wife: *!&^^!(^!(%@!)*&!%!!%(^!)!
Me: Why are you yelling?
Wife: Because when I talk in a normal voice you don't listen.

Nookie Froyo...that's an experimental version of Froyo (Android 2.2) that is now working on the Nook Color. You literally put it on a micro sdcard and boot. It makes no changes to the Nook, so once you turn off, pull out, and reboot, it's like it never happened. But it IS experimental, so I'll give it a few weeks...

NookColor: Nookie Froyo - nookDevs

-Matt

APHawki

Jan 13, 2011
Yeah great news...so I didn't realize for some reason I was in "Private Browsing" mode in Firefox...and yeah I closed the window...when I opened up the window it was like my download never happened...crap. And we start over.